wow, that was hard

pdc76

well, not really hard, but very tedious and it took a long time.

i just got a ultra fan commander. it took me 3 hours to connect all my fans, install the temp sensors in the cpu, hdd, and system, redo the hdd activity cable so it displays on the commander as well as the hdd light on my case. i haven't set the clock yet or played with any settings, except for the cpu fan i had to turn the speed up.

hardest thing i ever had to install. i compared it to replacing an engine in your car, compared to installing a display in the cockpit which shows the temps and speeds of various components in the engine, as well as throttle activity, etc. you get the idea.

anyone else have one of these or installed one? i guess it would've been easier to install during the build instead of after. any thoughts?

Last edited:

Hylian

Uhhhg I feel for you man. I get annoyed just from having to connect the HDD LEDS and everything to the mobo, so I can only imagie what you had to do :0

The_Beast

I was going to buy one with my build and install it right away. Was it super hard to rewire the HDD activity cable??? how much was the Ultra Fan Commander???

pdc76

the hdd activity wire was kind of easy. the wire had a v-end with a male and female end on it. the hdd light wire from your case would go in the female, then you just plug the male into the board.

it would probably be alot easier to install it during a new build, rather than installing it in a pc that's already made.

the ultra fan commander retails for $79.99 but ebay has them pretty cheap. i got mine for $9.95 plus $18 shipping.

it comes with a black and a silver aluminum bezel. it looks really nice in an aluminum case.

i think i might redo it though. right now i have my cpu fan going to it, and i have to deal with a cpu fan warning every time i turn my system on because there's no fan plugged in to the mobo. anyone know how to deactivate that? there must be a way.

i was thinking of all you water-coolers out there with no cpu fan. how would you tell your computer there's no cpu fan and stop the error on every startup?

WeatherMan

i think i might redo it though. right now i have my cpu fan going to it, and i have to deal with a cpu fan warning every time i turn my system on because there's no fan plugged in to the mobo. anyone know how to deactivate that? there must be a way.
?

Have a search around your BIOS, should be in there somewhere:)

Unless this happens in windows?

If it does then its app based:)

pdc76

i get the warning message during post. i have to push f1 to resume. i will look in my bios. it could be in the section which shows temps and stuff. i never go in there, lol. thanks.