Wow vista does use alot of ram!

Jack Bauer

banned
Yeah Vista does use a lot of ram when I had it on my desktop the one in my sig it was using about 60% of my ram so I just got rid of it and went back to XP.

JamesC

Using Aero?

Vista is so bloated. We just got new Core2 machines with 2 GB of ram and Vista was showing UI lag fresh out of the box.

I'm thinking... XP for another couple of years?

zabador

Im pretty sure the reason why its such a hog on resoreces is because it pre-buffers alot of programs for quick launches, course that doesent help you much AFTER it launches

well, mac does the same thing, and it doesn't use quite as much memory

god only knows what it's up to

Mac uses a lot of RAM, too. I have worked with one and it was for graphical stuff, no 3d animation, just flat magazine designs. I put another Gb in it and now it is running 2.5 Gb and is still slower than my XP with 1Gb. It is like a G5 or something.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
that is using quite alot of ram:confused:

When i had vista instaled it used around 520Mb i think idle and i did have AERO enabled.

But ive noticed in Vista my system temps are higher just doing basic stuff :cool:...probably because its gotta work harder:D

im just using XP for now and putting Vista on my new system.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Mac uses a lot of RAM, too. I have worked with one and it was for graphical stuff, no 3d animation, just flat magazine designs. I put another Gb in it and now it is running 2.5 Gb and is still slower than my XP with 1Gb. It is like a G5 or something.

I've heard some good things about mac lately though... the new Mac Laptop G5 has that c2d processor, boots up and is ready to use in 22 secs... amazing for me.

madtownidiot

I've heard some good things about mac lately though... the new Mac Laptop G5 has that c2d processor, boots up and is ready to use in 22 secs... amazing for me.

I've got one. I'll never buy another PC based laptop again. It takes me longer to log in than it does for the system to finish loading. I had a G4 powerbook for about a year and it never once crashed or gave me any errors. Can anyone say that about a ...Dell... for example.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
I've got one. I'll never buy another PC based laptop again. It takes me longer to log in than it does for the system to finish loading. I had a G4 powerbook for about a year and it never once crashed or gave me any errors. Can anyone say that about a ...Dell... for example.

And im still stuck kwith one of the first macs (before the MACIII/II/and I) and a G3... Macs are gettin better...

PS: wanna see what they're gonna do with AMD's quad core :D