Write error! Need help.

maxxx6969

Hello and Happy Holidays to everyone on the forum. I'm having some trouble and hope I can find some help. For the past few days when I'm burning a dvd its been stopping at arounf 60-70% and giving me a "Write Error" message. This had happened in the past with my external drive which was a Samsung and started happening 3 months prior to buying it. Now I just recently purchased an internal Pioneer about a month ago this week and its doing the same thing. The old External (samsung) seemed maybe it was writing too fast because it would read the whole disc fine then when the burning process started it sounded like it was coming off the wheel inside the tray due to fast spinning. Now the other day I was copying a disc and it started giving me this write error message, the disc is read without a problem, the problem only occurs when burning begins. Does anyone know how I can set the write speed of the drive to a lower speed? Maybe that will solve the problem. I also feel like my computer may have something to do with it due to the short amount of time I've had these drives and they've given me the same problem. Any help would be great. If it makes any matter, I'm using Nero 6 Ultra to burn.

Thanks so much and have a great holiday!
G-Max

have you tried buring the cd on another machine becuase if it has happend with another drive it might be your computer affecting it not a drive.

maxxx6969

I think it is the computer effecting it but I don't know what I can do to fix it. Do you know how to slow down the writing speed?

maxxx6969

I just tried to burn something again now and its only getting to 1% now then it gives me "Power calibration error", "Burn progress failed". The ide cable is the cable that I hook up to the drive right? Can i just dissconnect it or do I need a brand new one?

sameer795

Try a new cable....

And before going for a new cable, try cleaning your lens!!

However, even if that dont work, disable your IMAPI service and then check it out