Wrong Bios Issue - help?

takiado

Hello, I am new here. But I'm not new to computers, nor am I new to building them. But I obviously still don't know everything.

I recently bought new parts to upgrade my computer:
-Power Supply 550w
-Motherboard (Biostar G4i3c
-Ram (8gb)
-cpu fan

Basically as soon as it hits the windows loading screen, it freezes and reboots. Then comes the option to do a repair or normal boot.

When the CMOS sense that I switched parts to my PC it hits the black screen stating my bios are wrong and time/date are wrong and then gives me the option to press f2 to edit bios.

I have a windows 7. Now, I'm thinking the issue is the motherboard, but its requiring me to install a windows 7 disk (Operating system) then install the drivers... basically wipe the computer clean. This I read somewhere is common, but I don't feel like that is practical. Every time I upgrade my Mobo I have to wipe the memory? Can anyone help? Thanks!

claptonman

Yes, every time you change out the motherboard, not only do you need to reinstall, but you need to buy a new product key for windows. I'm guessing you bought a pre-built computer and upgraded to these parts. The product key is tied to the motherboard, so if you try to activate windows with your old product key, it will say its invalid. Sorry, but not much you can do besides buying windows again.