Wrong install>> oops

approdis

Well, let's just say it's been a long day! Today I was distracted with an annoying friend who kept pestering me by asking me to borrow my mic. At the same friend while talking to another friend on the phone i could not focus! I let out a big brain fart! Here is what happened:

I want to clean my computer out so I can sell it. I don't recall what machine it is because my friend Jim had built it then sold it to me a few years later. The machine has XP and two dimm cards. I selected the wrong bit processor for "Vista" install. The cd that was burned, then brought over to me was Vista and not XP. Now at the time I installed and selected the wrong OS/ and the wrong Bit processor type.. (I think I chose 64 bit) that is when I was talking with my friend on the phone, and on the other having a friend over my shoulder asking me 20 questions.

Now since my computer is now going to a blue screen called.. (WBM) Windows Boot Management.. Or windows boot disk management.. (i cant really remember exactly.. I am at the college library.. Anyways,,.. All it says is that I don't have enough memory..

How can I take back what I installed .. All my options are only limited and allowing me to do is; a cycle. I just restart it and it is the same cycle..

What can I do?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I'd say just put the CD in the drive, boot from it and reinstall but pick 32 bit instead of 64.