Wrong speakers!

GingerJono

Hi, I just recently obtained a new PC and it has a speaker inside the CPU box! The sound quality is crap though (the accoustics in there are not great, understandably... it's just a box), and I want to use the normal PC speakers I've attached at the back by one of those jack cables, as at the moment they're not making any sounds. :confused:

Not sure how to go about this though...

I have SoundMAX Digital Audio installed already... is this the soundcard driver? My understanding is a little shady I'm afraid.

I'll upload a few screenshots to see if it helps find the problem. Not sure how relevant they are; if there are more relevant ones I will do them if requested.

Cheers!

http://jono.nebagram.co.uk/Sound

- Jono :)

K3rupt

Hey Buddy,

Thank speaker you have found,

Its for the Beeping your computer makes when you turn it on, I suggest you plug it back in right...

lol

Ok, Im Picture 1

Change that from 5.1 Headphones,

To Desktop Speakers

GingerJono

Thanks for looking, but this doesn't work I'm afraid.

Also the speaker inside my computer is quite good... I don't think it's the one for beeping because it makes the right sounds for everything, it's just it obviously doesn't sound as good as my proper speakers, mainly because it's coming from inside a box.

Any further help?

K3rupt

Check you have your Speaker plugged into the GREEN Slot.

Pretty basic question but you would be surprised how many people plug it into the wrong ones...