WTB: P4/512/400fsb cpu

ANNR

:( Asking again...

like the title says. I need a P4 desktop cpu with 400FSB.

If you have any cpu that is 2.2ghz or over please let me know and what you are asking for it.

Thanks

PohTayToez

I have a 2.4Ghz and a 2.0Ghz Celeron if you are interested. What is your price range? I might be able to throw something together.

ANNR

I have a 2.4Ghz and a 2.0Ghz Celeron if you are interested. What is your price range? I might be able to throw something together.

Thanks for your reply PohTayToez.

I am looking for P4 cpus.

If you have any P4 with 400FSB please let me know

ANNR

hey i have a p4, but it is running at 1.6 so thats a little low but you could overclock...

I am using a 1.5ghz p4 so 1.6 would not make a difference.

If it is possible I will definably find out how, but its a sony pc so it can't be done.

thanks for the offer none the less.

ANNR

You're looking to upgrade? What is the make/model of the PC... my Celerons should work.

Ya, i know. Any p4 or celerons withce 400FSB will work in my Sony pc. It is in my sig. its PCV-RX550

Although celerons are just p4 with 1/4 of the cache, I don't think a celeron with clock speed of 2.4ghz will be must faster then 1.5ghz p4.

I use to own a 2.4ghz celeron laptop and it is very slow. slower then my desktop.

I could be wrong, can someone please verify?

PohTayToez check this thread again, if any members with fair knowledgeable on cpus verifies the performance different between the 2.4ghz celeron and my 1.5ghz p4 i might just buy it from you.

check back again.

thanks

98vert6spd

I have a p4 prescott RUNNING @ 3.0 GHZ. Ive had it overclocked as high as 3.6 in the past but only left it there for a day or so before returning it back to 3.0.

Im using it now to type this message. Make me an offer on it.

I also have 1 gig of ddr 400 ram corsair value if your interested

ANNR

I have a p4 prescott RUNNING @ 3.0 GHZ. Ive had it overclocked as high as 3.6 in the past but only left it there for a day or so before returning it back to 3.0.

Im using it now to type this message. Make me an offer on it.

I also have 1 gig of ddr 400 ram corsair value if your interested

is it 400FSB? because anything higher then that will not work in my pc.

PohTayToez

Looking at some benchmarks, it appears that the 2.4Ghz Celeron out performs the P4 a decent amount when running normal applications, but is slightly worse when it comes to gaming.

98vert6spd

Yea i guess its an 8000 fsb didnt really think about that. I just assumed it could be underclocked but I suppose that may not be the case.