WTB very badly 500GB SATA 3GB/s HDD-recommend me one please!!!!

ADE

banned
I am almost out of space on my HDD's!!!!!!!!! I am freaking out here!!!!!!! i got less than 10GB on each HDD, and on one I am supposed to be adding at least 4GB every 4-5 days!!!!! I really need a good affordable, FAST and i mean as fast as my HDD's i have now if possible!!!!! please guys, I went to newegg and I'm scared that the HDD i buy there will fail like in almost half the reviews!!!!!

ADE

banned
After few weeks of usage, it started making noises and became very slow. Its dead now! I think the HDD head is broken inside. I called the Samsung support, i hope i get my replacement soon. i think i'm going to loose all my data as Samsung wants me to ship this back to them before they can replace it.

Cons: died within 45 days. have owned others and been fine, but you truly are rolling the dice with this drive.

Actually booted a few times but I noticed that something wasn't right and thought at first it was the new Asus board. It was hanging briefly while booting. Found out it was the drive. Copied some files to the drive then all of the sudden the drive would not access in Windows. Luckily it was not my C: . Rebooted and it would not show up in the bios. Moved it to another machine and it would not show up in the bios eventhough the drive was spooled. "....and boom it was gone".

Cons: Windows XP doesn't reconize anything larger than 137gb. SAMSUNG's suport on this issue leaves alot to improve.

Arrived, physically installed correctly, but as soon as I booted the machine, a terrible clicking noise came from the HD. I instantly shut it off... thought for a moment, turned it back on and the noise was gone. Ever since then the HD has not worked. Detected by BIOS but not by Windows Vista.

it just goes on and on.

PohTayToez

Wow. The thing has 275 freaking reviews... there is no piece of hardware ever manufactured that didn't have some go out DOA or defective... the thing has great overall reviews... you're not going to find anything much better.

Maddhatter

truth is half the people on newegg that review things either don't own the product or are complete tards example : opening ram over the packaging peanuts and actually dropping the stick in the peanuts and then giving it a bad review because it was DOA i've seen it hundreds of times. if it works for at least one person then the product works end of story.

PohTayToez

truth is half the people on newegg that review things either don't own the product or are complete tards example : opening ram over the packaging peanuts and actually dropping the stick in the peanuts and then giving it a bad review because it was DOA i've seen it hundreds of times. if it works for at least one person then the product works end of story.

Well, I don't completely agree with that... any product can come DOA, it's just the hazard of buying computer equipment... it's so easily damaged.

Also, I'd have to say that someone would be more likely to write a review if they received a faulty product, so only 4% DOA reviews seems really good.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Curious: how do you add at least 4GB every 4/5 days? I cant even fill a 10Gb hard drive in my lifetime... literally

kof2000

you can easily fill up 50 - 100gb each day depending on what you're downloading and your connection or if you like to encoding recorded hd contents. :)

PohTayToez

you can easily fill up 50 - 100gb each day depending on what you're downloading and your connection or if you like to encoding recorded hd contents. :)

Yeah, but he said that he 'had' to use 4Gb ever 4-5 days like it was an obligation or something. :confused:

ADE

banned
I have a limited time before i go back in war. I wanna play as many games as i can. j/k. I am on a game shopping spree at the moment. and I can beat games really easily on MAX hardness, so i go though them a lot. Walmart is having a sale in my area lol. I am going to buy tons of games. I am a game aholic now. plus i plan to go to tons of LAN parties.

g4m3rof1337

I have a limited time before i go back in war. I wanna play as many games as i can. j/k. I am on a game shopping spree at the moment. and I can beat games really easily on MAX hardness, so i go though them a lot. Walmart is having a sale in my area lol. I am going to buy tons of games. I am a game aholic now. plus i plan to go to tons of LAN parties.

How do you plan on going to LAN parties if your going back into the war?

And dont tell me your going to LAN parties while in the war...

Geoff

VIP Member

And dont tell me your going to LAN parties while in the war...

lol, he said j/k after.

"I have a limited time before i go back in war. I wanna play as many games as i can. j/k."

ADE

banned
I mean actual LAN parties. with oh say, a few 1000 people in it. I want to have all the games so I can play a wide variety.

g4m3rof1337

I caught the Jk but I thought nothing of it, cause I didn't know that was suppose to be funny.

And a few thousand people LAN parties...?

ADE

banned

And don't tell me your going to LAN parties while in the war...

someone already explained. I'm retired. came back, and not going back. My contract is up.