wtf prices!

palidon112

i've waited all damned summer for the prices to come down on the 8800 series and for the q6600 and they don't seem to have moved a bit! i'm kind of irritated because my graphics card is still crap, and i still have a pentium 4, and i have money.

when do you guys suppose the prices will come down? i assume thats whenever the next product line comes out.. but when?

thanks.

JLV2k5

Yeah there is no reason to drop prices if the 8800 GPU and the Q6600 series are not obsolete. As soon as new technology comes out, the older lesser demanded product drops in price. Economics.

Geoff

VIP Member
You shouldn't be waiting for the prices to drop, there hasn't been any real competition lately from competitors, so theres no need to drop the prices. The Q6600 isn't going to drop more then maybe $30-$40 anyways.

palidon112

yeah, well i dont need a new processor, but my gfx card has been shit since the day i got it, so i'll probably get an 8800 onces the new 9 series comes out.

yeah, but starting at $1500 for the lower end of the 9000 series. If you dont want to pay that, which 90% of us do not, then just get a 8800 Ultra as soon as prices drop.

$1500? WHAT!? Typo?

I have heard the 9800GX2 is gonna be ~$450-500 and it contains, I am guessing two G92(or newer) chips.. So how could anything else be more expensive?

footballdude2k3

dont get on his him too bad come on, everybody makes mistakes, at least when he was corrected he said he was wrong, he didnt try to defend it

oscaryu1

VIP Member
i've waited all damned summer for the prices to come down on the 8800 series and for the q6600 and they don't seem to have moved a bit! i'm kind of irritated because my graphics card is still crap, and i still have a pentium 4, and i have money.

when do you guys suppose the prices will come down? i assume thats whenever the next product line comes out.. but when?

thanks.

Intel has like a Quad for $200 this year... sometime :(

As for a cheaper Q6600, TigerDirect has a OEM version for $260 or so...

You must've missed the HD3850 and HD3870. Great alternatives.