Wtt Psp

mrbagrat

banned
I would like to trade a 2.6 psp for a 2.0 or lower PSP. If anyone is interested I can also throw in GTA LCS. PM me for offers.

EDIT: Actually, posting here is Ok.

Last edited:

Rip_Uk

the reason you want a 2.0 or lower is so you can run .iso files/homebrew etc. everyone wants the lower versions. I own a 2.5 white psp myself, the thing is nobody will swap to a higher version because you can upgrade to the higher firmware for free, but anything above 2.0 cannot be downgraded (yet.)

mrbagrat

banned
Yes, I know. What I'm looking for is someone who doesn't want/know about homebrew, and as of such doesn't care what firmware they have. I knew a guy at my school, who had a psp. I asked him what firmware he had and he said "I don't know. I don't think I have one." meaning that he probably didn't update. Unfortunatly he moved, so end of that.

Rip_Uk

If you have 2.0 or higher with GTA LCS you can play some homebrew on it (Snes emulators, etc.)

mrbagrat

banned
Rip_Uk said:
If you have 2.0 or higher with GTA LCS you can play some homebrew on it (Snes emulators, etc.)

Thats what I'm doing. eLoader, ya know? Made by fanjita, ditlew, etc, Edison Carter's cheat device, stuff like that? Trust me, I know my homebrew and I know my PSP's. I just want 1.5 so I can have kernel access and be able to use more HB.

Rip_Uk

mrbagrat said:
Thats what I'm doing. eLoader, ya know? Made by fanjita, ditlew, etc, Edison Carter's cheat device, stuff like that? Trust me, I know my homebrew and I know my PSP's. I just want 1.5 so I can have kernel access and be able to use more HB.

So can you load .iso files using eLoader, I don't own GTA LCS yet, still deciding whether or not to buy it, if you can load .iso's through the savefile I'll get it now.

mrbagrat

banned
Rip_Uk said:
So can you load .iso files using eLoader, I don't own GTA LCS yet, still deciding whether or not to buy it, if you can load .iso's through the savefile I'll get it now.

Nope. For that you need kernel access. the eLoader runs through game mode, which can be compared to limited access on a computer. Running in user mode, which is what 1.5 does, is the equivalent of administrator rights. In 1.5, you are god. Btw, all new versions of GTA have been patched for the savegame exploit. So if you still want HB, get a used copy.

Rip_Uk

mrbagrat said:
Nope. For that you need kernel access. the eLoader runs through game mode, which can be compared to limited access on a computer. Running in user mode, which is what 1.5 does, is the equivalent of administrator rights. In 1.5, you are god. Btw, all new versions of GTA have been patched for the savegame exploit. So if you still want HB, get a used copy.

Thanks, do you think you will ever be able to load .iso's using a 2.5 version firmware or should I just sell my psp and take a loss now.

mrbagrat

banned
Rip_Uk said:
Thanks, do you think you will ever be able to load .iso's using a 2.5 version firmware or should I just sell my psp and take a loss now.

Well, supposedly we were never going to be able to do HB on 1.5. Then 2.0, then 2.01+. But all those happened, (except for 2.7+), so I think given enough time iso's will be loadable on any firmware. It just will take time.

As for selling it, its up to you. You can still run HB on 2.01+.