Wurring noise

JamesBart

when i first turn on my computer it makes a weird wurring sound and it then fades out and comes back again and its just keeps going but its not as loud and it just keeps going, any suggestions? ive had a look inside and everything seems externally to look fine. thanks!!! :confused:

jp198780

i'd say, open the case, and try 2 hear where the sounds coming from, my quess would probrably be your hd, or fan.

JamesBart

jp198780 said:
i'd say, open the case, and try 2 hear where the sounds coming from, my quess would probrably be your hd, or fan.

yeah that makes sense, i dropped it sometime ago now that i think about it, think that may have something to do with it?

jp198780

well if you dropped your hd, that could possibly be your problemlol, my bro kicked the front of my Optiplex, by accident, and it fudged up my old Maxtor, and my good Qauntum hd's.

EDIT: before you go buy another hd, open the case 2 make sure it's it.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Fans can kind of go in and out like that. Sometimes they "correct" themselfs, then they get worse. If you have easy access to them, I just stop them with my fingers. If the noise stops, you found the problem :p

Burgon

Yea, well if its the hd then it should have side effects. Eg. computer runs slower or freezes. But check the PSU that fan is in tight space and might make that noise.

JamesBart

computer is running fine and i cant seem to fins out where the noise is coming from. i'm still listening and that!!!