wutcha think?

m0nkeh`

Making a new comp because i need a better comp :)

My build so far... (these are what im GOING to get, unless noted that i already have...)

(have)ASUS A8N-SLi Prem. Mobo

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Dual Core

XFX GeForce 7900GTX 512mb graphics Card (or get the 7950 card?)

2x 1GB RAM sticks - Kingston RAM w/ Heat Spreader

(have)120GB Seagate 7200RMS HD

Windows Xp Pro OS

any suggesions?

SirKenin

banned
Yeah, seeing as how the Core 2 Duo kicks the crap out of the AMD for less money, I would buy the Intel. The only problem is that you would have to buy a new mobo of course.

InFlames_44

Seen it coming a mile away" core 2 duo"

My god, if he wants to build a AMD system why don't you support him in it rather then bugging him about it.

holyjunk

My god, if he wants to build a AMD system why don't you support him in it rather then bugging him about it.

Because it makes no sense to make a amd build when you can make an intel build for $100 cheaper for the same performance.

vroom_skies

VIP Member

LOL, fanboy.

Who in their right mind would buy a lesser cpu for the same price as a cpu that would spank the lesser one.

And who would be arrogrant enough to support a decision like that.

He came to the forums to get help. Not get a response from a fanboy or some one that obviously doesn't know what they are talking about?

Just my view on this.

Bob

bebopin64

If you notice at the bottom he is asking for suggestions. unless monkeys are flying out of my ass i think that was a suggestion.

m0nkeh`

Well, I like AMD, might cost more, but like it, and already have the MOBO...

but I was thinking of getting Corsair, think the XMS series? (if i said the right letters)

and would I need another HD or a bigger one to hold : alotta games, Movies, 2k+ songs atleast, photoshop/flash etc, misc files...

thx in advance.

InFlames_44

LOL, fanboy.

Who in their right mind would buy a lesser cpu for the same price as a cpu that would spank the lesser one.

And who would be arrogrant enough to support a decision like that.

He came to the forums to get help. Not get a response from a fanboy or some one that obviously doesn't know what they are talking about?

Just my view on this.

Bob

I am not a fanboy of AMD and yes i do now that intel is the leader in the market as of now.
i am not being arrogant, by far means. Im simply saying, the guy asked for build help on an AMD system.not intel. chances are, hes done a bit of reserch and ackownledges the fact that c2d is a better processeur.
But if he does what to build a AMD system,why start the thread off with
"go c2d" why not give him some options and talk about a AMD system.

AMD's technology is nowere near opsolete, If im not mistaken you can still do pretty much whatever you want with their cpus and do it great at that.

your the arrogant one here.
As soon as c2d came out, all you can talk about is how amazing it is,(sure, ill grant you that, it is a great cpu,)
but still, you can stop talking like AMD is back in the ***ing stone age.

adz_619

If you were going to put that much money into the pc make sure it will be compatible with vista when it comes out. Or are you a linux fan!?