wutcha think?

jimmymac

VIP Member
If you were going to put that much money into the pc make sure it will be compatible with vista when it comes out. Or are you a linux fan!?

that shouldn't be too difficult, to simply run vista you only need 512mb ram and 800mhz min processor

SirKenin

banned
Hmm. Not entirely true.. Firstly, I would never run this on an 800MHz processor. Not in a million years. Second, drivers are a huge issue. I can see a lot of older hardware not being supported at all, as well as some of the more obscure newer hardware. I have some hardware, including an $800 camera, that isn't supported by Vista and I question whether it ever will be.

adz_619

Hmm. Not entirely true.. Firstly, I would never run this on an 800MHz processor. Not in a million years. Second, drivers are a huge issue. I can see a lot of older hardware not being supported at all, as well as some of the more obscure newer hardware. I have some hardware, including an $800 camera, that isn't supported by Vista and I question whether it ever will be.

Check this site to check the compatibility.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/capable.mspx

There is a lot of info including drivers and graphics cards.

I think i am not going to update anything until AMD releases the X4 and their are some revoloutionery mobo's out that will support it

SirKenin

banned
I've already seen the compatibility list. Months ago. But thank you anyways. I'm sure someone else will find that page useful.. :)

adz_619

I've already seen the compatibility list. Months ago. But thank you anyways. I'm sure someone else will find that page useful.. :)

Yeah, vista is supposed to be for the "amauteur user" anyway. Apparently it will ask millions of questions so dumb people know what going on.

I might switch to linux if vista aint any good

jimmymac

VIP Member
actually it is entirely true...as i said to simply run it you would need an 800mhz processor and 512mb ram. Thats the bare minimum requirements, yes you might need more in other areas but simply running it that would do.

1ghz and 1gb memory would be a better option to get it running at least a bit more smoothly.

but this is already off topic so shall we return to the original question of the thread :)

SirKenin

banned
It is only true if you want Vista to run like crap. If you want to make it even somewhat usable, including actually running applications, you need a much stronger processor.

m0nkeh`

so Duel Core 4800+ is crap? or will be crap in a yr obviously because computer tech changes too much and too fast...lol

or will making this comp using PRO last me a yr and make a new comp when vista comes out and sell thsi one? :confused:

m0nkeh`

Well, I decided that...since all i had is the MOBO really...imma prolly sell it to a friend and I was thinking of doing this instead...

ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce4 SLI X16 ATX Intel Motherboard

and

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 1066MHz FSB 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor

itll cost alittle more than the AMD/MOBO i had...but would this be ALOT better? (if so imma change to this and prolly have to change RAM idea since this MOBO takes DDR2)

Last edited:

bebopin64

Well, I decided that...since all i had is the MOBO really...imma prolly sell it to a friend and I was thinking of doing this instead...

ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce4 SLI X16 ATX Intel Motherboard

and

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 1066MHz FSB 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor

itll cost alittle more than the AMD/MOBO i had...but would this be ALOT better? (if so imma change to this and prolly have to change RAM idea since this MOBO takes DDR2)

It would be ALOT better. I would downgrade to the E6400 and put some cash into other stuff because the E6400 will still be amazing with great OCing.

bebopin64

I am not a fanboy of AMD and yes i do now that intel is the leader in the market as of now.
i am not being arrogant, by far means. Im simply saying, the guy asked for build help on an AMD system.not intel. chances are, hes done a bit of reserch and ackownledges the fact that c2d is a better processeur.
But if he does what to build a AMD system,why start the thread off with
"go c2d" why not give him some options and talk about a AMD system.

AMD's technology is nowere near opsolete, If im not mistaken you can still do pretty much whatever you want with their cpus and do it great at that.

your the arrogant one here.
As soon as c2d came out, all you can talk about is how amazing it is,(sure, ill grant you that, it is a great cpu,)
but still, you can stop talking like AMD is back in the ***ing stone age.

One thing your not getting is that he never said anywhere that he wanted an AMD build. He just put out a build that had an AMD in it and asked for suggestions. If im not mistaking, "go c2d" is a suggestion no matter how simplistic the statement is.

m0nkeh`

another question tho, is that motherboard gonna be useful to upgrade later, with lets say w/e new proc comes out eventually/vista/anything

I wanna make a comp that kickass now, and will be able to be upgradeable on same MOBO later, ya kno?