(X).0 speakers

Bubbacritz

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. So i just bought a bunch of parts and are in the mail and me and my friend plan on putting my computer together. With this new computer upgrade i also wanted to upgrade my speaker set-up.I have been using really high fidelity high fidelity headphones for awhile now (Denon Ah-D7000's plugged into a nuforce Icon HDP amp/dac) but there are occasions where i could use some at least decent speakers but i don't have any. One problem i have is that i don't have any room under my desk because that is where my tower is placed so i need a strictly top of the desk set-up. I was looking at KRK studio monitors but they seem to be a bit of a hassle and would take up a lot of space though they would fit. I mostly listen to Electronica, Drum n' bass, Dubstep, Indie, and Alternative. I also need to know if it would be better to plug my speakers into my headphone amp(if possible) or my sound card(links below). So basically i can have as many speakers as i need on top of my desk and possibly mounted on the walls I just have no room for a separate sub-woofer under me and i need some decent quality speakers. I have a budget of around 300$ or less. Thank you for reading

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ..._-na&AID=10446076&PID=3640328&SID=skim267X417

http://www.amazon.com/NuForce-High-e.../dp/B00370OIYE

yoyojoe

well your going to need a different amp to power any passive speaker and for any speakers to even compete with your denon d7000's your going to need to spend a lot more than $300

Bubbacritz

Well i really have no intention of my speakers being on par with my Denon's since 8 times out of ten i will be listening to them and not my speakers. However i do want speakers that i could handle showing a large group of people a song, movie, or video on my computer without cringing every couple of seconds.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Are you looking for monitor style speakers or general computer speakers? I just got a pair of AV 40's and they're pretty nice, but they won't work well for playing to a large group of people as it only has a small sweet spot.

Bubbacritz

I am looking for whatever would sound the best and give me the best bang for my buck ( i am really not well versed as far as speaker and stereo audio goes). It's not usually huge groups of people but usually like 2-5 including myself and they don't all need to be in the sweet spot since most of them would not be able to tell the difference

Bubbacritz

Well it appears that i am going to get a desk that i will be able to fit a sub under my desk so now im really just looking for what ever will give me the best result for my price point. Would the KRK monitors be good? I could always add a sub if need be

Also on newegg they seem to be out of stock, but they are very good speakers and will do the job for a good sized room, imo!Also there are other various vendors out there that carry them, plus if you are still unsure, call Tigerdirect.com, they can help you find the right stuff that you need for ur situation