X-530 For The TV?

g4m3rof1337

I have an LCD, and have no need for a DVD player, since I have an Xbox 360 and an Apple TV. But I want surround sound speakers.

I have these for my PC, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121126&Tpk=x-530
I dont want to use one pair for two things.

How would those be on a TV? Here are some pictures of my TV.
MoreAppleTV029.jpg

MoreAppleTV031.jpg

I have a slightly older DVD player with Surround sound speakers, but one of the plugs is missing off one of the speakers, so if I cant work around that, I'll look into something.

If you have something you can recommend, let me know, I dont want to go over $100.

I'll be using them on the TV and Xbox.

Thanks.

g4m3rof1337

Alright, I thought I would, since my current set came with a small box shaped converter, which works great on using the speakers on my 20'' computer monitor, with my Xbox and VGA cables.

But overall, would this be a wise purchase?

Thanks.

Edit.
Would these be better? It would be a bit of a challenge to place 7 speakers.. I do like the X-530's though..
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836116153

Last edited:

cohen

Either will work just you need the adaptors and it wouldn't be 5.1 only have the 2 left and right...

g4m3rof1337

Yeah, wouldn't the 5.1 set up be the 3 front * Middle, Left, and Right* then the two back ones *Left and Right*, and then the Sub.

Would they all project some level of sound to give it a surround sound feeling?

Thanks.

cohen

No you would need a proper surround sound.... like a sound card have just left and right will only give you left and right.... you would need something proper....

so this wouldn't work.

g4m3rof1337

Hmm, then I'll look into working on the DVD player with speakers I used a while ago. Those played in surround sound, but they were made for a TV, so..

Thanks.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
It's usually very hard to get computer speakers to play in real surround sound mode with TVs, as they are not designed for TV usage. Like vk3fcll said, you'll only get stereo sound out of the speaker by hooking it up through the 3.5mm to stereo RCA adapter.