X-530's-True Surround Sound?

b182tm

Hey, I just got my new Logitech X-530s installed. I noticed that the rear speakers play the exact same thing as the front speakers. In surround sound on TV's and such, you usually hear different stuff on different speakers. For example, say a glass breaks behind a person, and on the speakers it comes out in say, the left rear speaker. It sounds like it actually fell behind you. You know what I mean? And in music, like it might have fades, and wipes, and highs and lows on different speakers so it has a true surround sound effect. Well, these speakers dont do that. Is it like a setting or something? Because the rear ones just made it louder, not really a better sound. Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks,
Derek

Sorry if I made no sense, I just dont know how to explain it.

Geoff

VIP Member
Those speakers probably arent the best for true surround sound, my Z-5300's used to sound good for surround sound, but recently i dont hear anything different from them. Are you sure that your watching TV that can support surround sound?

b182tm

Sorry, they are on my comp. But what do you mean switch what I'm watching to surround sound?

Thanks guys,
Derek

MatrixEVO

I have the X-530s and use an application named Soundman and the surround sound speaker test works fine. I can hear each speaker individually.

b182tm

Well, I can hear each speaker, but the rear just plays the exact same thing as the front. Are you saying it actually works as surround sound, like different sounds coming from each speaker?

Thanks,
Derek

vortmax

unless the source is coded for surround sound, you won't get surround sound. So if you are just playing 2 channel stereo, then it won't divide up between front and back unless you have Dolby Prologic.

MatrixEVO

b182tm said:
Well, I can hear each speaker, but the rear just plays the exact same thing as the front. Are you saying it actually works as surround sound, like different sounds coming from each speaker?

Yep.

b182tm

Hey, I got it. I guess the music I was listening to was stereo. I played Splinter Cell and watched some of a movie, and I definitely noticed it in Splinter Cell (different sounds from different speakers). It was pretty cool...In the movie I didnt notice it much, I guess it is subtle and rare.

Thanks,
Derek