X-Fi and Halo

Geoff

VIP Member
when i play halo, whenever i get into a vehicle i dont hear any soundsm the only sound i hear is the EAX (enviorment noises, crickets mainly), and when my tires dig up dirt. But once i gtet out of a vehicle everything is back to normal, this only happens in halo, not any other game. DO you think its because its a brand new card and they havent worked out all the bugs yet or something? i hope the newer games dont have these problems.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
thats a wierd problem, have you emailed the makers of halo and the the makers of the card to see if there is any patch or anyhing available.

Geoff

VIP Member
no, i havent contacted them yet, i was thinking about posting on the sound blaster forum, but wanted to see if any of you knew anything about it. And i ran the halo update and got the latest update. But creative is coming out with new programs for this card very quickly, so im hoping they get a new driver/patch out soon that will hopefulyl fix the problem.

Geoff

VIP Member
I was also wondering if it could have anything to do with my speakers, since once before i didnt get the surround sound to work with HL2, but i fiddled around a bit with my speakers then i got it to work. So has anyone had any problems with a Z-5300 speaker system?

randruff

Sounds like software/new driver issue to me. I highly doubt its hardware.....let creative know and see if they come back to you acknowledging it.

Geoff

VIP Member
actually... it turned out to be a problem with my speakers, cause i plugged in my headset, adjusted the controls for the heasdet, and i heard everything on halo (and you have a better direction where the soun is coming from then when you use speakers). Thanks for your help guys... its too bad that i cant return or sell the speakers. lol