X-fi first impressions

pbsk8er03

So, I had no working sound on my computer from a odd onboard sound problem, so I decided I need a new sound card. Checked online, and actaully found my local circuty city had the best deal on the Xtreme music, $90 with grand opening sale and rebate. So, I hook it up and get it up and running and all I have to say is....OMFG :eek:

I just couldn't belive that a sound card could make that much of a diffrence over onboard sound.

Music:

Tested it with some losless audio files using my 2.1 speakers. Put on entertainment mode and 24 bit crystalizer on(big diffrence). I was blown away. Everything was beuatiful. I can't belive I used onboard for so long(K8Ns). It made my 2.1 sound like a booming concert. I couldn't belive the diffrene in the highs and mids. Its simply put, amazing

Games:

This is where I was most impressed. I put on game mode, and turned on some CSS. :eek: :eek: !!!! God, the sounds from the awp are the loudest, most booming, lowest, earth rumbling sounds. It went from a light flat booom, to a thunderous movie theatre BOOOOOOOOM! Everygun in the game espically the silence m4 were so refined and breath taking. I almost foregot I was using 2.1

Conclusion:

Best $90 I have ever spent. Sounds like brand new speakers, truly a customizable ear-gasm. Your first impression going from onboard sound will be , I quote "holy mother ****ing shit this is increidble." Simply put, buy it

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
lol, I would buy the x-fi card but i dont have that much money to spare for a sound card. Right now my free 5.1 sound card is serving me well.

Geoff

VIP Member
Your right, the X-Fi is amazing, i have it and i love it, before this i had a Live! 5.1 card and Audigy 2ZS, and the X-Fi beats it by a mile in performance. The 24-bit crystilizer and CMSS-3D are amazing!!

I bought mine from Best Buy for $130 a day after it first came out. No other store or online place had them yet, so thats why i got them at bestbuy.

randruff

spacedude89 said:
heh, im currently saving up best buy bucks from mcdoands to get one.

Wait does this make sense? Couldn't you just not eat at mcdonalds and save that money? Not to mention you wont gain 40 lbs.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
This is what spacedude89 is referring to: best buy bucks

Oh :) then the following Quote makes more sense to me now LOL.

Wait does this make sense? Couldn't you just not eat at mcdonalds and save that money? Not to mention you wont gain 40 lbs.

Spend $10 on lunch and get $1-$3 in best buy bucks. I'd rather skip a few lunch's and buy the sound card faster :).

bigsaucybob

i just purchased the x-fi xtrememusic as well for 130 from compusa and the sound is crisp and amazing but did when u put the cd in and installed it did it come with any programs? cause i cant find any of mine in my start menu?

Geoff

VIP Member
bigsaucybob said:
i just purchased the x-fi xtrememusic as well for 130 from compusa and the sound is crisp and amazing but did when u put the cd in and installed it did it come with any programs? cause i cant find any of mine in my start menu?
mine came with tons of programs. Are you sure you selected it to install when you put the cd in? you should be able to download it from creative's website if something is wrong with your cd.

bigsaucybob

well wat happened was i installed it then first thing i tried to start itunes and it said that some of its files have been deleted to i needed to reinstall