X-Fi Platinum - No sound all of a sudden?

CrazyEh

Everything has been working fine with it. Then today, I went to play music but noticed it was in Game Mode, so I switched it over to entertainment mode. Since doing that, I'm now getting no sound. I then went back to Game Mode, and it worked. I then rebooted to see if Entertainment mode would work, but no go. I then tried Game Mode again, and now that's not working. I also downloaded the newest drivers.

I cannot seem to get any sound. I hooked up my Zalman headphones to see if maybe it's my speakers, but no sound once again.

I have removed the sound card about 3 times, hoping maybe that'll fix it. I have checked all cables, many times. My computer is reading the card as well.

Is the soundcard gone? I'm 6 months over the warranty, so I'm really praying that the card isn't shot :(

Any suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks!

Last edited:

CG man

uninstall the drivers and install the latest ones or the ones that worked the newest drivers arnt always the best. And make sure onbouard audio is turned off in Bios settings.
Hold delete on reboot to get Bios.

CrazyEh

uninstall the drivers and install the latest ones or the ones that worked the newest drivers arnt always the best. And make sure onbouard audio is turned off in Bios settings.
Hold delete on reboot to get Bios.

I tried that already. Didn't do anything :(

Same suggestin , try to reinstall new drivers for th sound card. If it would have been problem with sound card, sound might have not worked even in the game mode. Otherwise just get your card checked by the company as everything seems to be fine.