X-Fi Titanium

tech savvy

I just went out and bought a X-Fi Titanium sound card. I installed the software with no problem,but after I installed it, it went to go update and I got this message,"ActiveX control failed to load! -- Please check browser security setting or ensure that you have administrator rights." and it want let me update. could some1 plz tell me how to fix this,thx.

Last edited:

Machin3

That's weird, I have the same card and when I was updating there was a piece of software that installed to windows and updated from the application, its that or you can update it form a manual update on Creative's site. They have individual patches and such that you can download.

But to fix your ActiveX problem, have you tried different browser? What browser are you using anyways?

tech savvy

That's weird, I have the same card and when I was updating there was a piece of software that installed to windows and updated from the application, its that or you can update it form a manual update on Creative's site. They have individual patches and such that you can download.

But to fix your ActiveX problem, have you tried different browser? What browser are you using anyways?

IE. I went to there website to DL the most up to date drivers,but there to many to chose from.If you could point me in the right direction, it would be great.