X-FI Xtrememusic sound card doesn't work

lincsman

After reinstalling windows, and all necessary drives, my x-fi sound card doesn't work. I've repaired the drivers, reinstalled the drivers with a newer one to replace it... it just is not working. Any help is awesome.

PC eye

banned
I ran into that here lately trying to get a few tv tuner cards to work in Vista. What happens is Windows will fail to properly detect the hardware even though the items are still seen in the sound, video, and game controllers section of the device manager. Yet Windows has failed to actually fully install and make active the device drivers.

One solution? Remove everything! Manual delete the main registry key if still found under "HKEY_LocalMachine>Software>Creative" as well as right clicking to choose the uninstall option if any Creative item remains in the DM following the uninstall. Restart the system to see if the new hardware found is seen. If not go further to make sure the folder under Programs is manually deleted as well as in Application Data under your user name in the "users" folder if not denied access.

Once Vista was reinstalled fresh here the tuner card saw the display finally in Vista but no sound from the X-Fi XtremeGamer card? I reseated as well as dusted the sound card itself and allowed a new redetection by Windows to get the sound back once Windows finally prompted and the installation then worked.