X1300 Still Crashing With New PSU (Thread Moved Here)

SubDude199

Prevous threads:
http://www.computerforum.com/67274-decent-psu-under-60-ati-x1300-1-sataii-3500-a-2.html
http://www.computerforum.com/60891-new-ati-x1300-crashing-my-computer-please-help.html
UPDATE:

I got the PSU and got it all installed (allong with a good cleaning of my rig.. ma it gets dirty fast) and that did not fix the problem.. actuall I didnt even get as far as I did before.

First here is the new volt specs.. Better than it was but still not great?

untitled-22.jpg

So with the old PSU It was completly fine until I played a game with to much grahpics. then it would show me this green screen with line and I would have to reboot.

Before I started I untinsalled my Nvidia video driver, went to device manager and disabled the nvidia video card (while using it, i dono why it worked. lol) then I shut down and installed the new card and PSU. when I booted back up it did the normal found new hardware wizard and all. I closed it and went to install the new drivers i downloaded earlier that day. Before i got a chance to click anything it crashed.. that was odd because normally its fine on desktop until i play a game.. So i restarted and installed the drivers and restarted like it asked and it looked ok until i went into a game (device manager said everything was good and I had the catalist control ceneter). it only got as far as the game menu before crashing this time.. so i rebooted and it continued to crash on the desktop. every other time it would seem like it uninstalled the card because it would say new hardware found and i would have to untinstall and re install the drivers..

now when i boot up after it check DMI pool data it flashes into a screen that says boot.ini invalid, booting form c:/windows/.. then it boots normall after that.. it never did that?.. also now it does not boot all the way, it stops at the select a user screen even tho im the only one.. it never did that either?..

any sugestions?.. thanks

(this was a thread jack from one of my PSU Question posts so i reposted it in here)

Last edited:

SubDude199

well I have pci/agp lock on my MOBO and it was stock but my clock speed was a bit faster.. I will try stock clock and see if that does anything. thanks for the advise. I will let you know

SubDude199

nope.. Still crashings. after I underclocked and put the card back it I was pissed so i smashed it in hard and it click in a little deeper. I didnt have it clicked in all the way.. sO i was so excited thinkin that was my problem. until it did the same thing.. GRR.. this pisses me off.. I have had this card for 6 and havent gotten to use it..

so stock clock = same problem..

I did notice that 2 of the "fingers" and shorter than the others, is that normal?..

SubDude199

im going to try an older driver for fun..

after it crahses 2 or 3 times i get the found new harware wizard pop up and it re installs itself.. what that mean?

meanman

right click my computer select properties then hardware then device manager
and see if you have anything with a yellow question mark if you do post back what they are

SubDude199

well I dont see anything else I can do to get it to work.. SO i opened a ticket on ATI.com. Maybe they can help me?

dmw2692004

sounds like your video card went bad, this could result from touching it while you were holding an electric charge, see what ATI says.

SubDude199

well I thought that also when I had the first X1300 and it did this.. but I returned it and got a new one and it does the same thing.. I know to touch the case before working on stuff like this so I dont think that is it.. but I hope thats the problem.. its under warenty so I will get a new one and hope it works!

SubDude199

This is what ATI offered me. Nice they sent the info to AGP and not PCI-E

Solution: If you have not tried to reinstall the ATI drivers, then please proceed to the website below for a complete removal and reinstall of the ATI drivers.

=> www.ati.com/install

Bios settings play a big part in system performance. Especially the ones related to AGP. I have included some AGP specific BIOS settings that may help to correct your freezing issue. Motherboard manufacturers update their BIOS's from time to time, so it would also be good check for updates. Updates can give enhancements to older BIOS's.

· Video BIOS Shadow - DISABLED

· Init Primary Display - AGP

· AGP MASTER 1W/S READ/WRITE - ENABLED/DISABLED (Toggle this option)

· AGP 4x/8x Mode - DISABLED

· AGP Fast Write - DISABLED

· AGP Aperture size - 128 MB

· AGP Driving Control - AUTO

· AGP Performance Control - ENABLED/DISABLED (Toggle this option)

· Assign IRQ for VGA - ENABLED

· System Bios Cacheable - DISABLED

· Video BIOS Cacheable - DISABLED

· VIDEO RAM Cacheable - DISABLED

· Read Around Write - ENABLED/DISABLED (toggle this setting)

· PnP OS installed - YES

ATI recommends updating your AGP chipset drivers to add stability the PC. You must first identify the AGP chipset on the motherboard. To do this please follow the directions I have included below.

How to Identify Your Hardware Chipset using Device Manager

Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

Double-click System.

Microsoft Windows 98 or Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition, click the Device manager tab.

Microsoft Windows 2000 or Microsoft Windows XP, click the Hardware tab, and then Click Device Manager.

Expand the list next to the Hard Disk controllers or IDE ATA/ADAPI Controller folder.

If VIA Bus Master IDE Controller is present, your motherboard is based on VIA chipset.

Popular Chipset Vendors:

Intel - http://support.intel.com/support/chipsets/driver.htm

VIA - http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=300

Nvidia - http://nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

SIS - http://download.sis.com/

ALI - http://www.ali.com.tw/eng/support/drivers.php

If you continue to have the same issue, please test the card in a different system.

SubDude199

well.. I said screw it with the X1300 256mb.. It was not even a pro.. and I went and ordered a X1650 Pro 512mb.. a little better card.. I will be getting it monday I hope this one does not crash as well.. I will let you know

heyman421

banned
i would've completely wiped your ati drivers, and done a completely new install

the new board may have been a newer revision or something, and the old drivers were still lingering around.

i too have an x1300, tho, and honestly if it died, i wouldn't ever replace it with another one. piece of junk imo

SubDude199

I did clean all drivers and tried it with no luck.. I even reformated and tried it with the same results..

What do you think of a X1650Pro 512?

lovely?

I did clean all drivers and tried it with no luck.. I even reformated and tried it with the same results..

What do you think of a X1650Pro 512?

they are solid cards, but i know of a few people who said that they run hot and shouldnt be o/c

SubDude199

I have it overclocked a tiny bit.. core clock runs at 594 stock I got it at 625. and memmory clock is 391 stock, I have it at 415.. No problems so far.. its staying prety cool. I have my case open all the time with lots of air space and a fan blowing on it and my routers/modem. I dont care how it looks. I just want stuff to run cool. lol..

My mobo has pci/agp lock.. So the PCI-E port is not overlcocked but the cpu and ram are. PCI-E is still at 100 under my bios. Right now im using RivaTuner to overclock.. Should I be doing it with the PCI-E mhz or using riva?

Also.. is it safe to use autofan or should I keep it @100% manually?

Thanks..