X2 4400 vs X2 FX60

fade2green514

the difference between the two is a 400mhz clock and on FX chips the upward cpu multiplier is unlocked... which means easier overclocking if you have good cooling and you're willing.

thealmightyone

Unfortunately, I've found another website that lets you 'buy now pay later', and this site has an Opteron 180.

From what i've read, the Opteron is better for oc-ing, but I'm not sure if I'll oc or not, depends what the temps are when I get the system.

I just need to decide whether to get an Opteron 180 or an FX-60. I'm leaning towards the FX-60, as its unlocked, but I'm just not sure which performs better than the other. Is the only difference between the 2 the clock speed?

apj101

VIP Member
If there is a £400 price gap, there has to be a logical reason for it.
You'd be amased at how untrue that is.
i think the FX series has fully unlocked multipliers to make it so dam easy to overclock. ive heard of many people getting it to 3.0Ghz easily.
Also true

And yes Opteron's and X2's can use the same motherboards.
How about Opteron 248?

Fx 60 is faster
Correct the fx60 is clock at 2.6ghz stock, the opteron 175 is 2.2ghz , and the 170 is 2.0ghz

Does an Opteron 265 have an unlocked multipier?
No, but the 265 is not the chip you after

I don't suppose anyone knows any other websites with decent components, based in the UK, and have a buy now pay later scheme? A bit off-topic, I know.
www.ebuyer.com
www.dabs.co.uk
www.overclocking.co.uk

as for the buy now pay later, that what visa is for

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
the 4400 X2 has only 64 kb per core
It has 64K data and 64K instruction per core (total 128K) as well :)
cpuz2.jpg

Like the X2-4400 they are default clocked at 2.2 Ghz, they have 128+128 L1
They are 64+64 :)

Faster than a stock FX-60 for less than half the price and I don't think that the FX-60 will clock any higher than a 175.
Depends on how much voltage you willing to pump into the chip :p

You are right they all have 128 kb per core i was thinking about the Manchester for some reason.
That too would be incorrect. Manchester have the 64+64 as well

The FX-60 will clock to 3 ghz easy way higher than the Opteron or the X2 because of the unlocked multiplier.
Opterons will clock to 3GHz easy too. Going past 3Ghz is a different story ... of course if you're in the market for going past 3Ghz via OCing you're not likely to ask for opinions on a platform

can the 4400 be or not be overclocked to the same level as the fx60

Nobody can tell you, odds are that the FX60 wil outrace it tho

And yes Opteron's and X2's can use the same motherboards.
Assuming Socket939! :D

If so, I guess this topic comes down to Opteron 265 or FX-60 Ignoring their prices, which one would you buy for a gaming comp?

Which one? Id buy the FX60. Id rather run 2x265 but that not an option for one chip :p

and the X2 3800+ has a Manchester core.
Not all of them (either that or there's some disparity with the OPNs and/or the Toledos werent launched). The ADA3800DAA5CD shoudl correspond to a Toledo (granted its a hacked toledo)