X2 5600 or E6400

darksideleader

though you live in Canada, newegg ships to Canada?

and at stock speeds 5600 is slightly faster. However intel cpu and overclock really well to gain back the perfomance. So its ur choice if your overclocking or not.

curtains

I think theres only 2 real questions to ask

1. Are u going to overclock

and

2. What kinda upgrade path do u want?

If u want to overclock then the E6400 is definately the way to go. getting heaps more performance outa it is easy, and it will out do the x2 5600+ by far even with both overclocked

upgrade path if u want AM2 then go with the x2 5600+ 775 go wif E6400 the 775 has quad cores and soon coming with new 45nm core cpu's later this year, not sure if AMD's new line of cpu's will come out on AM2 , i hard something of a AM3 socket .. so ..

I'm a overclocker so i'd say go with the E6400

Hass

I went with an AMD 4600+ for 123.
Will last until the fall, when Quad Core drops to $266 :]

Then I can sell the rig back for more than I bought it for to some poor schmuck.
Then buy my new Quad Core Rig with the money :]
Heh.

Froboy7391_99

I'm not an avid overclocker, I will OC later on when I start to lose the edge on modern programs. Now that I think of it I'm coming from a p4 2.6Ghz and I won't need to overclock because there is going to be such a big difference anyway. I would love to get a qaud core but if I absolutely want to get one I'll just sell my mobo and cpu to someone and buy a qaudcore.
though you live in Canada, newegg ships to Canada?
I can ship to my uncle in Boston, then my cousin, who works up there and comes back every 2 weeks, will bring it back to me.

Last edited:

darksideleader

I'm not an avid overclocker, I will OC later on when I start to lose the edge on modern programs. Now that I think of it I'm coming from a p4 2.6Ghz and I won't need to overclock because there is going to be such a big difference anyway. I would love to get a qaud core but if I absolutely want to get one I'll just sell my mobo and cpu to someone and buy a qaudcore.

I can ship to my uncle in Boston, then my cousin, who works up there and comes back every 2 weeks, will bring it back to me.

aww lucky guy i wish i could buy from newegg :(