X2 or FX???

idahoduk

It was an FX-53 or an X2. I figured I'll just stick with the X2 since it's dual core and I usually run several programs if I'm not playing BF2. Maybe I'll get an FX-60 if it doesn't get too hot, we'll see. Who said that notebooks don't have 939 pin sockets?

34erd

idahoduk said:
It was an FX-53 or an X2. I figured I'll just stick with the X2 since it's dual core and I usually run several programs if I'm not playing BF2. Maybe I'll get an FX-60 if it doesn't get too hot, we'll see. Who said that notebooks don't have 939 pin sockets?
Sorry, my bad on the socket 939 thing :eek: Good choice on the processor, in a couple of months when games start utilizing dual core you'll see better performance than you would with the FX-53, and since its a notebook overclocking isnt a very good idea anyway.

idahoduk

I don't think I'll be doing any overclocking. There are heat and burn warnings all over the bottom of my notebook.

Charles_Lee

fade2green514 said:
there are better cpu's than that. say... the cell processor? (2teraflops beats 12gigaflops, the X2 4800+ was at 10gigaflops)
not to mention ive seen an x2 3800+ at 3ghz. that would be MUCH better than an fx-60
i don't think thats true, because if you overclock fx-60, it would be much better than x2 3800 overclocked up to 3ghz...

+ does x2 3800 oc'ed up to 3Ghz run stable?
and not to mention its life spend,,, when the core's original speed was only 2Ghz, oc'ed all the way to its maximum...

idahoduk

Has anyone ever OC'd a decktop CPU in a notebook. I'm going to be running too hot with an nVidia 7800 GTX so I'm not even going to try, just wanted to know.