X299 LGA 2066

beers

Staff member
Looks like the high end chips will be based on the Skylake X architecture and the lower end ones on the Kaby Lake X, which I find weird.
That's been pretty much the same story with X79 and X99, SB-E came out while Ivy was on desktop, Ivy-E with Haswell, etc.

I was hoping the X399 rumor pans out so the HEDT space has some competition, otherwise you'll see this gouged to crap like the 6900K and 6950X

Darren

Staff member
Probably paid his way into getting his hands on those Intel Confidential chips. lol

But think of all those synthetic benchmark numbers!

That are being basically matched by my rig that costs a fraction of his. :3

Geoff

VIP Member
Looks like Intel will be launching the new X299 chipset this year, if they don't overprice it as they always do, I might consider it over Ryzen. Looks like the high end chips will be based on the Skylake X architecture and the lower end ones on the Kaby Lake X, which I find weird.
https://videocardz.com/67610/intel-core-i7-7740k-and-asrock-x299-professional-gaming-i7-spotted
You already have a Ryzen... Didn't you make a post not that long ago that your parents are having trouble buying things they need because you keep asking for unnecessary computer upgrades?

Calin

You already have a Ryzen... Didn't you make a post not that long ago that your parents are having trouble buying things they need because you keep asking for unnecessary computer upgrades?
I made that post before I got the Ryzen.
How do you expect an 8c/16t Ryzen to compete with an Intel 12c/24t?
I meant to say the next Ryzen CPUs which will hopefully have more cores, my bad.