X300

ChrisUlrich

You think this card is strong enough to handle WoW on medium settings? Pieced together with a Pentium D Processor 820 (2.8GHz), 1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, On Board Sound Card, and an 80GB 7200 SATA HD.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
You think this card is strong enough to handle WoW on medium settings? Pieced together with a Pentium D Processor 820 (2.8GHz), 1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, On Board Sound Card, and an 80GB 7200 SATA HD.

For how much?

Yes... an Radeon 7500 to an X300 should be an good jump.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
I think he misread your 7900 as a 7500 (The ancient ones).

But as for the x300 it should. My friend has a mx400 and plays WoW..not on good settings though, but it works.

No... The minimum requirements for playing WoW is almost exactly the same as Underground 2, and Halo. An T&L Video card. The lowest T&L GFX in the Nvidia series is an GeForce2 MX200 32MB PCI. The lowest T&L GFX in the ATI line is an Radeon 7500. And Radeon 7500 to an X300 is an good jump, so it should play well...

Did I explain well enough?

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
No... The minimum requirements for playing WoW is almost exactly the same as Underground 2, and Halo. An T&L Video card. The lowest T&L GFX in the Nvidia series is an GeForce2 MX200 32MB PCI. The lowest T&L GFX in the ATI line is an Radeon 7500. And Radeon 7500 to an X300 is an good jump, so it should play well...

Did I explain well enough?

Ohhh I see. Yup. But also the manufacturer's "minimum" is sometimes BS. Cause playing WoW with a 7500 won't be fun at all :D. You'd constantly die of lag :rolleyes:.

littleblackxj

Yes, you can play WoW with a x300. My sister has that card and it works decently. If you haven't bought it already then i would consider getting a higher-end card.

ChrisUlrich

Yes, you can play WoW with a x300. My sister has that card and it works decently. If you haven't bought it already then i would consider getting a higher-end card.

Well my friend wants to buy the PC for $400 and then wait a bit and build a 3k PC. So it just needs to get by without lag. Thank you