x48 chipset question

Stevetama

I am currently running a 9800GTX video card.

Thinking about doing a new build, I like the new foxconn black ops motherboard, but it's the intel x48 chipset. It seems most people are running ATI on these.

Do you think I should consider a new motherboard with an Nvidea chipset, or will this have no real effect on my single video card.

I don't plan on running SLI in future either, maybe upgrade to a 9800GX2 though, or whatever the next great thing to come out is.

Cliff notes : 9800GTX with X48 mb or different chipset MB?

mrjack

VIP Member
It doesn't really matter, it should work just as well. Though I'd stay away from the Foxconn brand, mainly due to bad reviews and experiences I've heard about.

crazyvaj

I am currently running a 9800GTX video card.

Thinking about doing a new build, I like the new foxconn black ops motherboard, but it's the intel x48 chipset. It seems most people are running ATI on these.

Do you think I should consider a new motherboard with an Nvidea chipset, or will this have no real effect on my single video card.

I don't plan on running SLI in future either, maybe upgrade to a 9800GX2 though, or whatever the next great thing to come out is.

Cliff notes : 9800GTX with X48 mb or different chipset MB?

If your planning on spending that much money on a x48 you might as well go for a sli chipset and get yourself ready for future sli setup... Plans do change Im sure..:D

Geoff

VIP Member
If your using a single card, you won't see a difference between going with the 7xx series or X48-based motherboards. Personally, I've always liked Intel's chipsets when you use an Intel processor.