X48 chipset

JohnJSal

Anyone know when this is meant to be released, and how it will differ from the X38? Didn't see anything about it on Intel's chipset list yet. On Wikipedia the release date is Oct. 2007.

Geoff

VIP Member
The release date has been pushed back several times, and I haven't heard or read of any official release dates yet either.

kungfumosquito

Abit will probably be first out the door on this one with the IX48-MAX because they didn't do a high end x38 baord and went straight for the 48. This quarter is likely unless microsoft is really stretching out the x38 sales. But they wouldn't do that....

Geoff

VIP Member
Abit will probably be first out the door on this one with the IX48-MAX because they didn't do a high end x38 baord and went straight for the 48. This quarter is likely unless microsoft is really stretching out the x38 sales. But they wouldn't do that....
What does Microsoft have to do with that?

Also, Abit can't introduce the X48 earlier then other companies because Intel releases the chipset to all manufactures are roughly the same time. Although Abit and Asus are usually the ones who release the greatest number of motherboards at the initial release.

Geoff

VIP Member
I just read the latest Maximum PC magazine and they had an article on the X48, and they are stating that it should be around March of 2008.

But remember, most likely the X48 chipset will only work with DDR3, so your looking at $400+ for 4GB of cheap RAM by todays memory prices, so I can hold off for a while.