X800 probs continued....

djmaux

Well ive installed the latest drivers just now and having the same problems.
Counterstrike:source and savage and with any game I play the same thing happens.
Say the fps is 20 with 1600x1200 full quality everything aa/af etc
When I turn all aa/ff off and reduce screen resolution to 640x480 I still get 20 fps.....So now i have to run all games with full specs......
Has anyone else had this happen......
should i email ati about it??????

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
also, what are you using to check fps? console command? fraps? I'm assuming that when it's 20fps its slow as hell? jerky and what all that?

djmaux

System specs are 2.8 ghz pentium and 512 mb ram...
I had the older drivers and they did the same thing...
Yes on 20fps its slow...most my games drop to 10-20 fps...
And like I said when i drop the resolution, aa and af its exactly the same speed.
Just my luck...my last grapics card used to crash all the time and now this card doesnt work..
Should i write to Ati about my problem then?????

Just one thing, though thinking about it, when i got my card it showed a diagram of leads in the computer with A B C and how to connect the card...
My computer didnt seem to fit the diagram though it terms of the order the leads connect to card/other hardware and i just pluged one the the connecters to my card......could that be the problem do you think or doesnt it matter as the connecter is just a power source?
Thanks for you help !

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I was going to say that it seems that your card is not getting enough power :).. You did plug it inot the power unit?

What's your power supply? Are there other devices plugged into the same rail?

You may even have a bad Power Supply.

Last edited:

djmaux

im not sure of my powersupply and yes i think other devices are plugged in.
Allthough its weird because if the card didnt have enough power then why would it run so well with high specs on? When i set 1200x1600 with full aa and af the card runs like it is meant to....its just when i drop the specs it doesnt change....

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
well you did say that it was 20 FPS in high settings and 20FPS in low settings and that doesn't sound like it's running so well at all as you know 20FPS is really low.

Or where you just using 20fps as an example. that's what I found confusing. Also sounds like symptoms of a CPU bottleneck assuming your actualy getting more then 20FPS.

Last edited:

djmaux

Sorry, ok to be more clear...My fps varies greatly with games.
When the landscape goes off into the distance a lot (not in a small room etc)
on games like painkiller or unreal tournament it runs 30-35 fps with everything on.
On counterstrike source it runs at about 30 fps on some maps but drops to 15-20 fps on others especially with loads of people on screen.
With savage on most maps its 30-40 fps but sometimes drops to 10 fps but i think most people have the problem with savage.
Yea so is 30-35 fps on unreal tournament with 6xx AA, 16xx AF and all textures on high normal for a x800 pro then? because my nvida ti4200 would of done like 5-10 fps.
Do you guys think I should write to ATI to get further help as this is a strange problem?

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Yea so is 30-35 fps on unreal tournament with 6xx AA, 16xx AF and all textures on high normal for a x800 pro then? because my nvida ti4200 would of done like 5-10 fps.

hmmm I dunno if that's low beings you do have your card settings cranked as well as in game settings. There is a big diff between 35FPS(x800pro) and 10FPS(ti4200).

Perhaps do a google search for things like 3dmark scores and compare to see if your performance is lower then others before calling anyone.

sorry, forgot to ask....do i write to ati for help with this or connect3d ???

Connected is a place where you purchased it? if so then I would normaly call the place of purchase if there's a problem.

djmaux

somone on another boad was asking about agp drivers.
I installed via4in1 hyperion 451 for my asus p4vp-MX motherboard.
It asked if i wanted to install pci bus drivers as well and i said yes.
Is that right?
You guys think it might be that my motherboard isnt completly compatable with my card also?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
do I write to ati for help with this or connect3d ???
If its a board problem them whoeever made the board. If its a driver problem then ATI

You guys think it might be that my motherboard isnt completly compatable with my card also?
Possible but i doubt it