Xbox live Auto Renewal cancel

Nightrain

The quickest way I've found:

Login at the xbox live website.
Hover over Xbox live, click Join Xbox live.
Click Upgrade to Gold on the top right.

Where it says "You Currently Have", autorenew should be highlighted. Click on that, and go through that to turn it off. There is like 4 pages you have to click through where they try and get you to stay. Click through it all and at the end it will be turned off.

If you use a card code before your time expires, remember that it will automatically turn on autorenew again.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry for my late reply people,what a load of crap seriously Microsoft!

You cant turn off Auto renewal yourself,You cant delete your credit card details. :mad:

I'm not phoning them,The card i have my live linked too il just make sure there's only £1 in there,Then they wont have the funds to take out :D

They will probably get me somehow though :D

Last edited:

Hyper_Kagome

It'll likely cause over drafting issues if you do that. They'll take it, you'll just be in the negative and owe.
I'm not sure how that all works over there in the UK.

Aastii

VIP Member
It'll likely cause over drafting issues if you do that. They'll take it, you'll just be in the negative and owe.

It depends on the type of account and if it has an overdraft. You can get accounts which don't let you go overdrawn, so if the money isn't in there, it won't be able to take it, which will cause problems with something important like paying bills, but with xbox live, they will just leave it and probably email saying there weren't enough funds so your account wasn't updated

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member

No overdraft on my account :D

i was only joking anyway guys,il phone them and just tell them. :),Still it seems stupid you have too and you can just cancel it online.