Xbox One Controller w/ Windows 10

Laquer Head

Been using an XBOX 360 Wired controller for a long time and its worn out and needs to be retired. I like the idea of going wireless and upgrading to an XBOX ONE wireless controller but then I started reading shite reviews and particular compatibility issues on systems running Windows 10.

Does anyone here use an XBOX ONE controller and can comment on compatibility with a Windows 10 rig..

Laquer Head

Blasphemy. PC games should be played with a keyboard and mouse dammit.

Can't do it. Gotta have the controller for the titles I play.. however, in GTAV I actually use contoller and the mouse to accurately aim at same time

Lol wut. You want to try driving with a keyboard? Or fly a helicopter? Not to mention Rocket League is ass without a controller.

Some games..I can't wrap my head around how people are so good with keyboard/mouse.. I cant do it with most games.

beers

Staff member
I use the XB1 controller on PC a lot and have the wireless dongle receiver.

You pretty much get instant compatibility with most games as it leverages a similar driver set (xinput).

I personally haven't had any issues across 8.1 or 10.

Laquer Head

I use the XB1 controller on PC a lot and have the wireless dongle receiver.

You pretty much get instant compatibility with most games as it leverages a similar driver set (xinput).

I personally haven't had any issues across 8.1 or 10.

Thanks for info!

Laquer Head

No denying that a mouse is way more accurate for aiming/shooters but I personally can't play games exclusively with keyboard/mouse.

Geoff

VIP Member
No denying that a mouse is way more accurate for aiming/shooters but I personally can't play games exclusively with keyboard/mouse.
98% of my games are FPS, so that's why I always use a keyboard and mouse. Trying to play an FPS with a controller without aim assist is difficult.

TheOnlyChaz

I really recommend a mouse. I used a controller for a long time because i had a really old mouse that had terrible DPI so i had to use a controller. Now i use a mouse.