Xbox One Question

Question1

My question is, with the current numbers present with both systems, does the amount of RAM dedicated to the CPU, on paper indicate the xbox one could have an advantage over the ps4 when speaking about processing large amounts of data at once? ( A good example of what I am talking about is, say 10+ cars exploded simultaneously on your screen )

Do the numbers indicate the xbox one could possibly have this kind of advantage to handle more data at once ( on paper )? Because they have much more dedicated to the OS?

My theory is that this generation that will be needed for large scale data happening all at once... but my problem is I am in the dark when it comes to this stuff, I have no clue what I am talking about.. so I came here.

xbox-one-ps4-specs-detail-chart.jpg

Last edited:

jonnyp11

The 102gb/s only applies to the 32mb that is built into the processor. The ps4 most likely has the same thing but they just didnt release every single bit of information about them as the end user generally has no clue what these numbers mean so more complicated info is just pointless

The ram on the ps4 is better for games and all because it is much faster

Question1

The 102gb/s only applies to the 32mb that is built into the processor. The ps4 most likely has the same thing but they just didnt release every single bit of information about them as the end user generally has no clue what these numbers mean so more complicated info is just pointless

The ram on the ps4 is better for games and all because it is much faster

Can I get your opinion please as to what console ( on paper ) will play ubisofts The Evil Within with a more beautiful look to it?

Since the 102 isn't really unique i'm thinking on paper the PS4 has a higher probability of giving us more beautiful multiplatform games vs the xbox one.

Last edited:

jonnyp11

PS4 has better graphics and faster ram which mean way better performance, but most games will be developed for the lowest common denominator, so most games will look the same as they do on the 360. But a computer is still the best IMO

Question1

PS4 has better graphics and faster ram which mean way better performance, but most games will be developed for the lowest common denominator, so most games will look the same as they do on the 360. But a computer is still the best IMO

I hate not being able to make up my mind...

jonnyp11

Oops, meant they'll look the same as the One, not 360, and a gaming computer as good as those will run a good 700 i think, havent checked in a while, but you get a killer computer for that price

Question1

Oops, meant they'll look the same as the One, not 360, and a gaming computer as good as those will run a good 700 i think, havent checked in a while, but you get a killer computer for that price

I made the mistake of investing in a gaming laptop and now its out for repair... i should have got a desktop

jonnyp11

Yeah lappys arent great unless you got the money to replace them instead of upgrading and you gotta deal with batteries and all, they have a place but definitely not in my life

G80FTW

Wow. So the Xbox one is using the same processor yet is lacking all that performance? Man, Microsoft really flopped this time....

Okedokey

Wow. So the Xbox one is using the same processor yet is lacking all that performance? Man, Microsoft really flopped this time....

What makes you say that? We haven't seen anything yet. This will probably end up a similar situation as the 8 core AMD chip bulldozer that was going to rape Intel, and turned out to be complete rubbish. Number on paper mean little, wait for the benches.

Mik James

Does anyone have any good info on the potential memory bottlenecks of these Apu's?
Like how the architecture is or isn't conducive to fast, direct access to available memory?

Mik James

I'm basically just wondering if there are any bottlenecks by using system memory for graphics rather than dedicated memory.

I'm not up to date on the current board configurations/architecture though, so there may be no such issues.

Geoff

VIP Member
No one should buy a console based on specs, buy one based off which one has the most games you like, and the one the majority of your friends get as it's a lot more fun to play console games with friends.

jonnyp11

I'm basically just wondering if there are any bottlenecks by using system memory for graphics rather than dedicated memory.

I'm not up to date on the current board configurations/architecture though, so there may be no such issues.

Only with the one where it uses ddr3, the ps4 uses gddr5 which is way faster so theoretically it shuld perform way better, especially since it has more cores and all 8 cpu cores will be dedicated to the game. The latency may be a little higher than dedicated but it shouldnt hurt, but since it has to deal with the info from the cpu and gpu, it might not be too great, but it will work fine no matter.

spirit

Staff member
No one should buy a console based on specs, buy one based off which one has the most games you like, and the one the majority of your friends get as it's a lot more fun to play console games with friends.

I agree with this. :good:

PohTayToez

Odds are it's going to play the same on both consoles, and if there is a difference then it's probably not going to be directly related to the console's specs. The PS3 is much more powerful than the 360, however there are games that run and look better on the 360 because the were developed for it first and then "ported" over the PS3.

If you truly want to get the best version wait for it to come out and for someone to do a side by side comparison, that's the only way you'll know for sure.