Xbox probs.

Nini

Recently my Xbox has been having some problems. Almost everytime you put a xbox cd into it it shows the "xbox cannot recognize.." this cd thing. Its really annoying since i have to keep taking the cd out and putting it back a few times before it works.
Anyone know wats wrong with it, or anyway to fix it?

Take a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol. Get the Q-tip wet with the rubbing alcohol and then clean off the DVD-Drive lense.

You may have to clean your lens. I had a friend who couldn't play any games, he opened up his xbox, used a q-tip and rubbing alcohol, and everything worked after that.

dang, Motoxrdude beat me by a few seconds...

Most people don't understand that you're suppose to hold a game disc or any other disc by the edges only. Fingerprints, dust and stains makes it hard for the lens to read the disc. Inserting dirty discs into any disc drive will dirty the lens. It sounds like it's time for a clean up. So grab a Q-tip and wet one side with simple glass cleaner and rub the lens gently. Use the dry side to dry off the lens. This has worked wonders for my DVD, CD and Xbox drives.

Use rubbing alcohol, and don't dry it, just let it evaporate. If you use the dry side it will scratch the lense.

Yea we kinda figured out it was "clean the lens thing" and my cousin did just few days ago, but it still continues to do the same thing

Try using a DVD lense cleaner DVD. My cousin had the same problem and the DVD disc cleaner worked great.

Is this one of the first Xboxs produced, if so it could be a common problem with the drive in the Xbox known as the Thompson drive.

well.. it could be that the drive is dieing.. a friend of mine had that with his Xbox.. he replaced the drive, and didnt have problems with it again

well.. it could be that the drive is dieing.. a friend of mine had that with his Xbox.. he replaced the drive, and didnt have problems with it again

Thats what I was saying, it is the problem with the Thompson drive. It was very common, people normally swtiched to a Samsung drive and had no problems.

Back