XBOX question.

g4m3rof1337

With LANs and all.
I want to hook a 360 up to a flat screen tv, should i hook it up to the red,yellow, and white jacks on the tv itself. Or on the R,Y,W jacks on the VCR/DVD player, which has worked before.

And.
What do i have to do when connecting two xbox's. *either both 360's or a 360 and an original.*
To two separate tv's, but either a direct connect by connecting an ethernet to each xbox, or connected 2 ethernets from two xboxs to the same router/switch.

My plan is to have two halo2 games going at the same time, on different tv's.

Thanks

If you hook it up to the DVD player or any other device, you will loose some of the quality. Think of it like this, you have to put the picture through the wires of some other device... this worsens the final picture.

Im not sure about the 2 connecting Xbox's though.

Ok, for the VCR/DVD question... it would be better to plug it directly in into the TV, unless the TV doesn't support HDTV, and the VCR/DVD has some kind of built in HDTV tuner, which I doubt. If your TV has RYW jacks, plug into those, otherwise use the standard audio/video jacks.

As for two XBoxs, you have a couple of options. Since you are only using two, a single cable between them would suffice, but you would have to buy a "crossover" cable, which is meant to only connect two devices together. Most Cat5 cables you will find will be "straight through" cables (if a package doesn't say what type it is, it's straight through), and you can hook those up with any type of router, switch, or hub in the middle.

And what do you mean two halo games at one time? You mean one halo game on two TVs... right?

Back