XD card damaged? Help!

punkmaedel

Hi! I'm miserable now because the XD card seems to be damaged, but I don't want to lose all my precious photos in it. :(

So, it was all like usual how the camera worked until then, just in a sudden, after I used the flash, the screen looked like explosion and then it didn't work again, saying unknown error. I took out the memory card - the XD card, then, camera worked again. I asked someone to test the card by a card reader, but it could not be read in the computer.

So, is there still any solution to get my photos? If the card is really damaged? (I simply don't understand how it should have been damaged like that! :( )

I'd appreciate any help! Thanks!

armadillo

If the memory card is not recognized in the PC or it is impossible to access the data on it, the controller on the card is damaged. There is only one way to get the data back, unsolder memory chips and directly access their raw data with a programable chip reader. Software can't help, that is a physical damage! Have a look at: CF xD SD memory card pro duo stick photo recovery