Xeon X5675 (CPU Upgrade?)

arflyy

Hi,

I have a DELL PRECISION Tower T3500 which has a Xeon X5675 at 3.07 GHz. The PC itself is awesome for my needs. I changed its graphics card to a EVGA 1050 Ti SSC and I couldn't be happier with it. Runs my games super smooth and the temps are below 60 all the time!

However, my CPU, given the fact that it's air-cooled, sometimes it gets up to 80s while gaming, even higher. I've read that this is fine for my specific tower (the dell T3500). I also changed the thermal paste.

I want to know, what can I do to improve the temperatures or if I shouldn't be concerned about it.

Also, given the fact that it's a LGA 1366 socket, can I get a better CPU than X5675 ?

The X5675 is a 6 cores 12 threads processor and I'm cool with it but if I can get a better one that would fit the LGA 1366 it would be even better!

Thanks

beers

Staff member
If it bothers you, you can pick up an aftermarket cooler that's compatible with 1366.

As for upgrading the CPU, you may or may not be able to stuff in a X5690 but it would depend on the supported TDP of your board.

arflyy

@beers honestly it doesn't bother me, I'm just afraid not to mess up the CPU! I cleaned everything nicely in there and I took one side of the case off to give it even much better air cooling. The high temps for instance are in games like GTA V while CS:GO are a bit lower.

Will I see lots of improvement from X5690 or slightly ?

edit: on Ebay x5690 go around 230$..even more expensive on Amazon. For that money I'd rather get a second graphics card.. so I guess it isn't really worth it.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Since it's a Dell, you can't OC it anyways... the X5690 vs X5670 in clock speed isn't worth the upgrade cost.

I'd just get a better aircooler instead to keep the temps down.

arflyy

Since it's a Dell, you can't OC it anyways... the X5690 vs X5670 in clock speed isn't worth the upgrade cost.

I'd just get a better aircooler instead to keep the temps down.
Yup, I will just get a better aircooler and that will be it. Thanks