xfx 1250w black edition

xxmorpheus

i need serious help. xfx support is awful. there is not information on the owners manual. The back of this psu is all labeled. on the 24 pin connecter, there is another plug with 10 pins. i dont know where to plug this connector into. i flip the switch, there is power, but my computer will not start. on the back of this psu there are 2 mb connections

linkin

VIP Member
Take a picture. I can't understand what you're describing, I've never seen anything like it.

linkin

VIP Member
The cables should be labelled on the connectors or on a sticker. Just plug them in to the corresponding plug on the PSU. From my understanding, the end of the cable that plugs into the mobo is 24 pins, but the end that plugs into the PSU is 10 pins.

xxmorpheus

im confused. when i plug it in, my mb lights up but when i press the power button it doesnt even start, just makes a click sound and nothing

linkin

VIP Member
Is the main motherboard plug where that sticker is on the back? If so, plug the extra 10 pin connection directly under it.

xxmorpheus

i took it outside and slammed it on the ground and shattered it into pieces. now its completely modular. back to the silent pro gold until i get a corsair ax 1200

Edit: i will never in my life buy a xfx product ever again

xxmorpheus

Yep. Getting another one for free. I don't understand the 24 pin connector to the psu on this one. It has a 20+10 cable

xxmorpheus

Nope its one 20 pin and a 10 pin on one cable that is not detachable

figured it out with xfx tech support. 20 pin and 10 pin go into psu, and 8 pin connector as well. i am an idiot

Last edited: