XFX 8800x vs BFG 8800x

xenium

XFX 8800x vs BFG 8800x

I've worked with a few of both and I must say I will only be using BFG 8800's from now on.

Why?

Performance wise I found them both to be very close, plus or minus an FPS here or there.

Price wise they both are usually in the same area.

BUILD QUALITY.

This is why. XFX fans are so freaking loud, louder any of the other fans in the systems I've been building. Note that these systems come with 5 case fans, 1 cpu fan and 2 PSU fans.

That's right the XFX is LOUDER than ALL of those combined. Ugh. The BFG is quite enough.

Also the XFX build is some what shoddy on the cards I've used, loose parts and what not.

This isn't a fan boy thing, I'm not into that stuff, this is just from what I've seen from about 5 XFX and 20 or so BFG cards.

XFX 8800x vs BFG 8800x

I've worked with a few of both and I must say I will only be using BFG 8800's from now on.

Why?

Performance wise I found them both to be very close, plus or minus an FPS here or there.

Price wise they both are usually in the same area.

BUILD QUALITY.

This is why. XFX fans are so freaking loud, louder any of the other fans in the systems I've been building. Note that these systems come with 5 case fans, 1 cpu fan and 2 PSU fans.

That's right the XFX is LOUDER than ALL of those combined. Ugh. The BFG is quite enough.

Also the XFX build is some what shoddy on the cards I've used, loose parts and what not.

This isn't a fan boy thing, I'm not into that stuff, this is just from what I've seen from about 5 XFX and 20 or so BFG cards.

You haven't had any ATI, have you? I suggest compromise and EVGA

xenium

It's come to my attention that they both should have the same builds...

We purchased a 20 bulk of the bfg and 5 bulk of the xfx, maybe people weren't tightening the screws on the last batch. :p

hermeslyre

VIP Member
See? Most people who complain about one brand or the other are basing it on an exception, not a rule. The super loud fan wouldn't bother me at all, but to lot's of people it would. Especially someone who who keeps it on all the time and sleeps next to it.

spanky

See? Most people who complain about one brand or the other are basing it on an exception, not a rule. The super loud fan wouldn't bother me at all, but to lot's of people it would. Especially someone who who keeps it on all the time and sleeps next to it.

The sounds of the fans help me fall asleep. Blinky lights and crap, that bothers me.

kof2000

yep XFX has the coolest headsink design out of all the 8800s :D

who can resist the milky white black and green? :)

my case is so quiet i can't even hear the fans.

the picture don't really show exactly how it look because it is actually reflective :D

xfx8800gtx01.jpg

Last edited: