XFX GeForce 6800 Xtreme / 512MB GDDR3

amolyneaux

Anyone have any experience with this card? it's only $150 at tigerdirect, just wondered if it was any good.

PC eye

banned
Recently I've heard complaints on the XFX7900 GT model card. That may have more to do with the model not the brand there. One review states:

"We proceed with our tests of video cards based on NVIDIA GeForce 6800, which are gradually appearing on the market. It's a Low End model, which is intended to replace such previous High End cards as RADEON 9800 XT and GeForce FX 5950 Ultra. ATI does not yet have anything to offer in this segment, which could extrude RADEON 9800 XT from the market (or could at least dramatically drop its prices, which is however hardly possible because these cards are long out of production and stores offer the cards that were purchased by the dealers long ago at high prices)." http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/gffx/nv40-5.html

PC eye

banned
I have that card and its great runs cool and is not to loud at all and plays most games maxed out.

One of my old 128mb MSI AGP cards was a tail kicker. The MSI Radeon X1300 Pro has done well so far here. But between the two models you would see more out of the 7800 GT. MSI is a good brand to add to that.