XFX GeForce 7900 GS XXX

mtb211

I recently purchased this card as an upgrade from my x800 ati card.

I dont see much of a difference in the graphics, my old card was 12 pipes I believe and the XFX GeForce 7900 GS XXX is 20 pipeline with a 600 mhz core and my old card was 420. I used the drivers on the cd because I can not find the correct drivers on nvidias website.... Im hoping this will help the performance. Any insights?

Martingale00

Don't mean be negative or anything but I just pulled my XFX card because it was defective. First it just looked grainy and I thought it was just an image problem but then the card started to noticeably slow down skipping in games. Then I tried to overclock it and it crashed repeatedly. XFX is a solid brand name though...they're not usually crap. If you want the latest drivers here's the link...

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Just go to graphics driver - GeForce and TNT - (select your operating system). I've never had much luck getting better performance with the downloaded drivers but if your original drivers are damaged or were uninstalled with errors off the CD that download might correct the problem. Worth a shot.

darksideleader

from ATI Radeon series to x series you'll find big performance change
from Nvdia 6x series to 7x and 8x series big performance change
Radeon matches up with 6x, 7x series matches with x series.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Depending on what x800 you had(Pro, XT, etc etc) you may or may not have much of a difference. The 7900GS is a better card overall, but not by all that much... Plus your processor isn't exactly the best for gaming.

mtb211

What intel processer is good for gaming?

Thanks for all the input ... I appreciate it

Cheers