XFX Geforce 8800GTX

wellhellothere

Hmm, cheers for the info. So it looks like im definitely going to have to get another PSU. Other than it having enough power to supply all of my hardware, do i need to look for any other important information?
Thanks for the help.

(this is turning far more expensive than i first thought!)

EDIT: do you think this is appropriate?

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/124927

Last edited:

jblah

Hmm, cheers for the info. So it looks like im definitely going to have to get another PSU. Other than it having enough power to supply all of my hardware, do i need to look for any other important information?
Thanks for the help.

if you are building a computer..i can help you by making one up for you and posting it in here so people can comment and suggest changes on the computer. i'll be building a computer soon as well a quad core..and it will cost me around $850. if you want the specs i can post it in here. i love looking at computer stuff :).

so just let me know what you are going to be using the computer for and the price range you want and i can come up with something from new egg and post in here.

NM i just realized that you are in england..so the power supplies might nto be compatible with that of US.

jblah

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: do you think this is appropriate?

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/124927

that should do the job and then some :). PSU is very important..so u want to make sure that its reliable. its good to buy it from a website that have some user feedback on the product.

wellhellothere

if you are building a computer..i can help you by making one up for you and posting it in here so people can comment and suggest changes on the computer. i'll be building a computer soon as well a quad core..and it will cost me around $850. if you want the specs i can post it in here. i love looking at computer stuff :).

so just let me know what you are going to be using the computer for and the price range you want and i can come up with something from new egg and post in here.

NM i just realized that you are in england..so the power supplies might nto be compatible with that of US.

Thanks dude! Yeah, i wouldnt really want to buy from abroad (too expensive) but Ebuyer is a good UK shop for components. My specs so far are in my sig. The upgrades im making are - another Gig of RAM, and a 8800gt. Turns out i need a new PSU for that card though, so it gets deeper than i first thought!

What do you make of that PSU in the link?

jblah

Thanks dude! Yeah, i wouldnt really want to buy from abroad (too expensive) but Ebuyer is a good UK shop for components. My specs so far are in my sig. The upgrades im making are - another Gig of RAM, and a 8800gt. Turns out i need a new PSU for that card though, so it gets deeper than i first thought!

What do you make of that PSU in the link?

lol i wasn't talking about building it for u..but just giving u the links for websites where u could buy the things so u could buy it yourself but i think newegg is mostly a US company.

the PSU that you have looks good. It will definitely run everything that you have very smoothlly Only thing is, i'm not sure how long it will last. Its good to have reviews and feedback on power supplies that you can associate with. PSU is everything for a computer so if for some reason your PSU explodes..your whole computer is gone.

So just do some research on the PSU that you want to buy and if it meats your satisfaction then you should purchase it. i'll see what i can find on it and post shortly.

jblah

ok so i read a few reviews. there aren't many other there. i found about 3. they all said that it wasn't bad and it worked well for them. one said it was slightly loud the others did not have that complaint. so i guess that should be good. would be better if it had more reviews though.

wellhellothere

ok so i read a few reviews. there aren't many other there. i found about 3. they all said that it wasn't bad and it worked well for them. one said it was slightly loud the others did not have that complaint. so i guess that should be good. would be better if it had more reviews though.

Thanks again for the help. I've looked around a bit and i think this one is the one for me. Its pretty cheap and can handle all my stuff. Lets hope installing all goes smoothly. Ill keep you posted :)
Thanks!

wellhellothere

I cant afford to spend that much. I've read into that power supply i suggested and it turns out people are running systems with much higher specs, and 8800gt's from that psu. Are you sure it wouldnt support it?

Edit: Big fella, your looking at the wrong PSU. This is the one i am suggesting: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/124927
Not the rosewill model

Last edited:

Okedokey

again, it only has 2 rails, second rail for CPU, first one only 22A for the rest of the system. You require 26a. It will probably be ok, but don't expect much headroom. Read this if you want further explaination look at the mulit/single rail psu info in my sig. Read it carefully and you will then understand why a quality psu is required.

you get what you pay for...

Last edited:

wellhellothere

again, it only has 2 rails, second rail for CPU, first one only 22A for the rest of the system. You require 26a. It will probably be ok, but don't expect much headroom. Read this if you want further explaination look at the mulit/single rail psu info in my sig. Read it carefully and you will then understand why a quality psu is required.

you get what you pay for...

Had a read through that info, well usefull actually. Im going with the one you suggested, its £60 in the UK (roughly $120) which is steeper than i first though, but if its got to be done, its got to be done!
Is that the PSU you've got bigfella?

Okedokey

I actually have one sitting in a box in front of me for sale, but that is besides the point. I have the 750W version. I think you will be glad in the long run mate..

Okedokey

Exactly the same, but it is not brand new, its about 6 months old - near new though, no dust etc. I upgraded components and wanted a bigger psu too. Its going cheap, but would need to get rid of it asap - going abroad.

wellhellothere

Exactly the same, but it is not brand new, its about 6 months old - near new though, no dust etc. I upgraded components and wanted a bigger psu too. Its going cheap, but would need to get rid of it asap - going abroad.

Sorry i missed this one mate. just went for new. only 50 quid! cheers for the reccommendation