XFX HD 5970 Black Edition LIMITED $15,099.99

Jawn

it actually is a stolen card. why would they send out an e-mail offering a reward (which I just responded to with the info on it so that reward is mine) and saying that the person in question would be arrested? xfx would viral market, but it is illegal to ask for information leading to an arrest AND claiming a stolen object. That is fraud

lulz'd

bomberboysk

Who do you think is jacking up the prices? It is not valid, it is viral marketing. Sure it may follow all the rules of ebay but it doesn't mean that those bids are valid, or weren't done by XFX staffers.

Some members over at the evga forums were the "high bidders" for awhile actually..

spynoodle

Aww, the bids got retracted, dangit. Look at the bid history, it shows all the reasons. It's all things like "No intent on buying" and "Entered wrong amount," lol. REALLY, NO INTENT ON BUYING????? COULDNT'VE GUESSED THAT ONE!!!! SHOCKER!!!:eek:

Bodaggit23

As a moderator, he has the right to make suggestions to members, regardless of the section he moderates. Instead of rolling your eyes at him with an internet emoticon, be respectful, don't argue, and, in the future, don't double post. It's common sense forum etiquette.

I didn't argue, I asked a question.

I wasn't sure which section was more relevant, so I posted in both.

The inappropriate post was deleted, so all is well...

MyCattMaxx

I see it is back up to $10,499.00.
And he added below,
On Apr-24-10 at 23:09:55 PDT, seller added the following information:Excerpt from official XFX Newsletter regarding this eBay listing:

The item listing of Product #68 is a valid auction. The winning bid is a binding contract and the winner will be committed to purchasing the item. This particular card will be a fully warranted product from XFX. In addition, this highly collectible merchandise comes with the wooden crate featured in the videos and signed by the XFX girls and cast of the promotion.

Please serious bidders only.

G25r8cer

I would say some of these are xfx reps or someone related to xfx

Capture-74.png

Gabe63

So we agree they want to have one auction that is way overpriced so everyone pays too much for this card but says, "I can sell it on e-bay for $10,000." Smart.

sniperchang

I wonder what the resale value will be in one year? $150?

EDIT: If it sold for $10,000, that's a $26.98 loss per day!

87dtna

I'm betting all the people with 0 rep are just people who made new accounts from a new email as a joke to jack up the price and never pay. Won't the seller be pissed LOL.

linkin

VIP Member
^ I'm pretty sure it was an xfx employee lol.. they prolly got decapitated by the big cheese :p

its all marketing anyway :D (fact)

kyleswitch

pretty sure that's the stolen one, like others have said, from xfx.

I got the email too. They were pissed in very soft words :p