XML or C# help needed.

jjohnston

I have a circuit board I got which turns on and off relays. the program it came with was written using C#. It uses an xml file to layout the user interface. I have been editing the xml file, but have run into a wall. I would like to embed the display of another program into my interface.

I was given a path to use, but am not sure how to code that into my xml file. the software developer who made the gps program I need to embed said to use the below code.

c:\Program Files (x86)\Navigator12\PC_Navigator\PC_Navigator.exe --window_border=yes --window_position=397,35,622,453

But I don't know what I need to put around this for it to actually work. I tried using just that string, but nothing happens.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
The path you have looks like a command line call to start the program. Was there any documentation for the XML file? To run the GPS program you'd need the other program to shell out to it.

jjohnston

OH, based off what I see, it looks like the FuseGL program runs off a bunch of C# files. can one of those be altered to allow it? I did come up with a backup plan, if I need...

I can make the gps program open to a specific location and size on the screen when it launches. I will just create my skin for the FuseGL program to do the same (and take the whole screen). Then set the GPS software as an always on top program... kinda a hack way of doing it, but may be the simplest.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I can make the gps program open to a specific location and size on the screen when it launches. I will just create my skin for the FuseGL program to do the same (and take the whole screen). Then set the GPS software as an always on top program... kinda a hack way of doing it, but may be the simplest.
Yes, that may end up being that you need to do.