xp 2500+ over heating i think

HotRodderx

ok i am running a barton xp 2500 it not over clocked and never has i am using the stock cpu fan which i took and got rid of the thrmal clay and used artic silver i have a full size case with 4 fans i am running 2 dvd-roms and 2 hd lately it been running very hot i think and been doing this for a couple of months its running 68cs i have my motherboard set to warn me at 70cs so i know its been getting hotter any ideas to why this is happening or is it not a big deal my buddies seem to think it normal with a stock fan both are running xp 2500 bartons but with hypo fans on them... but its starting to worrie me i also called amd when i first knowticed the issues and they said it would be fine as long as it dont go over 190f which is very high (sorry about switching from celsus to ferinhight not to good at converting) thanks guys for the help its really appreciated ;)

ps i am thinking of building a 64 system very soon but still needed to get this going to a server/family computer that why i am asking :D

Last edited:

KillermilleR

first chec for any spy/adware installed on ur system..these problems tend to increase cpu activity and increase temp and so on...then u way wanna check the air vents on the case....an also consisder checking the heat sink..make sure it has full contact with the cpu...
u may also wanna change ur heat sink if problems persist.........

hollis098

my computer was over heating, after i cleaned it up it was fine. Mabie cleaning out the computer will help.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
first chec for any spy/adware installed on ur system..these problems tend to increase cpu activity and increase temp and so on...
Spyware often uses roughly 0% cpu power :p

the stock cpu fan which I took and got rid of the thrmal clay and used artic silver
So you used (good) thermal paste -- how MUCH did you use?

RiseandTakeOver

AMDs run super hot.. don't worry about it, the majority of them go critical at like 90-95 C .. shit bck in the day i overclocked a 1600+ too much and it got to 110c before melting into the moBo :p

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member

RiseandTakeOver

Praetor said:
Tell that to my [email protected] @ 19ºC on air or to my [email protected] at 35ºC

Do they now?

Yeah such a major heavy OCer and you made a post like this? http://www.computerforum.com/showthread.php?t=4121?

Major heavy OCer??? that was when i was experimenting with computers.. and.. i'm broke.. so i can't afford a new processor.. which is why i made the post.. so i don't burn out the one i have now...

tell me your secret... every amd i have and every amd my uncle has (he's a computer technitian) run around 50-70 C idle... except the one i have now.. cause the moron who installed the heatsink deserves to die...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Major heavy OCer???
Not really. Just casual OCing for now. Last summer.......... that was a different story ;)

tell me your secret... every amd i have and every amd my uncle has (he's a computer technitian) run around 50-70 C idle... except the one i have now.. cause the moron who installed the heatsink deserves to die...
The secret? The secret is that (a) i know my hardware (b) i enjoy loud computers and dont have a need for silence ... the louder the better and (c) i know my hardware ... did i mention that I know my hardware? :)