[XP] Encore ENM232-4C (or SoundFusion CS4280)'s control panel not working :(

DARKGuy

Greetings! :D

-
I posted this on the Sound Hardware subforum, but then I thought it didn't really belong to that subforum because it isn't -exactly- hardware related (though it's related to the drivers that came with the card's box and I thought it would fit there), so I'm posting it here to see if anybody knows how to make the control panel work - or if there are any alternatives to this non-working one?
-

I recently got a Cirrus Logic Crystal SoundFusion CS4280 (or, more specifically, the box says it's an Encore ENM232-4C 32-Bit 4-Clannel sound card). It works nice and dandy ^^ however, the control panel which came with the drivers (CS4280) doesn't seem to initialize :(.

I've tried double-clicking cwcprops.cpl and typing "RunDll32 cwcprops.cpl,CrystalControlWnd" in the "Run..." menu. I tried searching the Cirrus Logic site for any info but the model is not anymore in the drivers list. Driverguide has the same drivers that came in the sound card's driver CD (which works, but its control panel doesn't).

I also tried a google search of cwcprops.cpl and all I get are hijackthis forum threads with logfiles, nothing useful either :(.

Anybody got an idea how to make that .cpl file run? :confused:

Thanks in advance ^_^;