Xp Hangs

photon6786

I just built a new computer. I went from a AMD 2800barton with 1gb value select ram to AMD 3400+ 64bit processor. Let me list my specs first :)

Thermaltake Highest Xaser III Super Tower Case
Thermaltake Silent PurePower 560W Power Supply
EPoX "EP-8KDA3+" nForce3 250Gb Chipset Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3400+ with 1mb L2 cache
Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Platinum Series (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) (3-3-3-8) but i have it clocked at 2-3-3-5
Sony Internal 16X DVD+R / Double Layer/DVD+RW Drive, Model DRU710A
ATI Radeon 9800XT Video Card
250GB Maxtor Hard drive, 7200, 8mb
160GB Maxtor Hard drive, 7200, 8mb
80GB Maxtor Hard drive, 7200, 8mb
60GB Maxtor Hard drive, 7200, 8mb
Audigy Platinum Sound Card

When I upgraded, all I upgraded was Ram, processor, and motherboard. On my old system i had (2800 barton and abit nf7-s motherboard) it ran flawlessly. When I got my new motherboard and processor, at first before i put windows on, i clocked the speed of the memory down to 2-2-2-5 and ran an memtest, it failed a few times, so i bumped it up to 2-3-3-5 and no errors were found. My problem is, every time i boot my computer, it POSTS, and when it should show "windows xp is loading" sometimes it doesnt even show that and just hangs (with the hard drive led on) or it may show the windows screen begin to fade in, but locks up as it barely is fading in. I'm not sure if it is because the memory speed that I have it set to, because i have reformatted this hard drive a couple of times, and I still have the same response. Also let me make a few comments. after about rebooting it about 2-3 times, it will load windows normally with the 2-3-3-5 timings. Once windows is up and running, there are no conflicts and everything runs perfectly fine. I also did put the timings back to stock, 3-3-3-8, and i still have the same problem. Any suggestions anyone? Your help is GREATLY appreciated!

Alan