XP Internet Security 2012 Virus

Fr3AkAzOiD

short version: I need to know if my wifes important files are safe and can be backed up or are they infected. Also should I fight the virus or reformat the HD and start fresh.

long version:
My wifes computer has a virus and it keeps poping up with a fake scanner calling itself "XP Internet Security 2012".
She has neglected to back up some files on the external hard drive I got for her and now pretty much all the videos we have taken of our daughter for her first 20 months of life are at risk.
I don't want to just move them to the external hard drive without being sure that the videos are not infected. My wife was good about putting all the pictures on the external and I don't want to put them at risk.

The infection is pretty bad as it is not letting me run certain programs or launch anything from the control panel.
My PC (as far as I know) is clean so I have been trying a few antivirus and running them on my PC and all the external hard drives and then putting the anti virus on a SD card I have and putting them on my wifes infected computer.

I only ran one at a time and did a full uninstall before installing the second antivirus. I ran Avast and AVG free on my PC as well as the external hard drives and all showed clean. Avast didn't pick up anything on my wifes computer and I couldn't get AVG installer to launch as I'm assuming the virus prevented it, so I booted in safe mode and even in safe mode under my wifes login the virus was activly running and blocking AVG from working. I then booted in safe mode under the Admin and was able to get AVG to install and it ran on C promt/DOS mode but didn't tell me if it found anything and after it was done it made the computer reboot and then the whole computer locked up on the Welcome screen. Virus still there after I rebooted.

My wife wants me to fix her computer by geting rid of the virus but last time she got a virus I spent over a week messing with it and still not being able to fix it. In the end I just reformated the HD and had the computer up and running the next day. After these files are saved should I try to fix it or just reformat and start off fresh?

I'm realy just hoping you guys can help me with finding out if these files my wife has moved into a folder called "backup" are safe to backup or if they are carying the virus as well.

Computer won't even let me uninstall AVG now. *sigh*

Thanks in advance for any help.

gamblingman

VIP Member
Read Carefully!

Since you're having problems with the system, lets begin at square-one. Please, don't do anything else on the computer while working with these programs. Proceed through these instructions and perform all the below steps in the order listed, and do all in normal boot mode NOT safe mode. If you cannot boot normally and all you can boot into is safe mode, tell us.

Also, Do not restart your computer unless someone from here or the program Malwarebytes informs you that its necessary to restart. If you cannot get any files to download from the links we have provided, then stop what you are doing and tell us.

• NOTE: If you cannot get any of these files to download on the computer which is having problems, then download them on another computer. Then put the downloaded file(s) on a BLANK/EMPTY USB flash drive and transfer the the file(s) to the problem computer. After using the flash drive for this transfer do not use that flash drive again until we can help you check the flash drive for infections it may gain from being connected to the infected computer.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware HERE or HERE and save it to your desktop.

• Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    o Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    o and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. Please keep updating until it says you have the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • A log will be saved automatically which you can access by clicking on the Logs tab within Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTE!
If for some reason Malwarebytes will not install or run please download these files: Rkill.scr, Rkill.exe, or Rkill.com.

First, run the .SCR file by clicking it. If a black window opens then closes (or you get a message from the infection that RKill is infected) run the file again, do this until it generates a log of processes stopped. If .SCR will not run at all, try the .EXE, if the .EXE wont work then use the .COM until one of them gives you a log. If none will run and produce a log then stop and tell us immediately. Then work to install or run Malwarebytes.

DO NOT reboot immediately after running RKill because doing so will deactivate RKill and you will have to run it again. Just run RKill then malwarebytes, then HijackThis.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now, generate a HijackThis log.

Download the HijackThis installer from HERE.

Run the installer and choose Install, indicating that you accept the licence agreement. The installer will place a shortcut on your desktop and launch HijackThis.

Click Do a system scan and save a logfile

Most of what HijackThis lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

Post the logfile that HijackThis produces along with the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log.

Later after you have posted these logs, either Johnb35 or I will be in to help you proceed to the next step of removing the infection.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
One thing you can do is take the "C" drive out of her machine and install it as a secondary or slave drive in your machine, then run your antivirus from your unifected "C" drive to check her drive for viruses.

Generally speaking viruses land on the "C" drive of the machine they infect. Usually in the "All Users" "Application Data" folder. They don't usually migrate from there, so it is safe to run her drive as a secondary or slave in your machine, and since your "C" drive is not infected, your antivirus will run and detect and remove virus files from her drive.

With that done, you can reinstall her drive in her machine, then run antivirus on it to clean up the registry.

All the user needs to do is follow gamblingmans advice to run rkill and it will kill it temporarily until malwarebytes can be ran to kill it permanently. There is no need to put the drive in another system.

Fr3AkAzOiD

Sorry it took a while.
Here are the logs.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.1.1800
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 7278

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

7/25/2011 8:50:37 PM
mbam-log-2011-07-25 (20-50-37).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 169310
Time elapsed: 4 minute(s), 57 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 6
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 2

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{750fdf0e-2a26-11d1-a3ea-080036587f03} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved\{750FDF0E-2A26-11D1-A3EA-080036587F03} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Value: {750FDF0E-2A26-11D1-A3EA-080036587F03} -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\open\command\(default) (Hijack.StartMenuInternet) -> Bad: ("C:\Documents and Settings\Bryce Riebel\Local Settings\Application Data\ukq.exe" -a "firefox.exe") Good: (firefox.exe) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\safemode\command\(default) (Hijack.StartMenuInternet) -> Bad: ("C:\Documents and Settings\Bryce Riebel\Local Settings\Application Data\ukq.exe" -a "firefox.exe") Good: (firefox.exe -safe-mode) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\IEXPLORE.EXE\shell\open\command\(default) (Hijack.StartMenuInternet) -> Bad: ("C:\Documents and Settings\Bryce Riebel\Local Settings\Application Data\ukq.exe" -a "iexplore.exe") Good: (iexplore.exe) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
c:\documents and settings\bryce riebel\local settings\application data\i607b.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Delete on reboot.
c:\documents and settings\bryce riebel\local settings\application data\ukq.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 8:55:13 PM, on 7/25/2011
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpoevm08.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Flip Video\FlipShare\FlipShareService.exe
C:\Program Files\Flip Video\FlipShareServer\FlipShareServer.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpoSTS08.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\msiexec.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "E:\My Music\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 2000 Series.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hpoddt01.exe.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/win...ls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1260227156765
O16 - DPF: {8100D56A-5661-482C-BEE8-AFECE305D968} (Facebook Photo Uploader 5 Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/2009.07.28_v5.5.8.1/FacebookPhotoUploader55.cab
O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\Documents and Settings\Bryce Riebel\Local Settings\Application Data\i607b.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: FlipShare Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Flip Video\FlipShare\FlipShareService.exe
O23 - Service: FlipShare Server (FlipShareServer) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Flip Video\FlipShareServer\FlipShareServer.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/BRYCER~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image002.jpg
O24 - Desktop Component 1: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/BRYCER~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/09/clip_image001.jpg
O24 - Desktop Component 2: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/BRYCER~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/10/clip_image002.jpg
O24 - Desktop Component 3: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/BRYCER~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/11/clip_image002.jpg
O24 - Desktop Component 4: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/BRYCER~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/13/clip_image001.jpg
O24 - Desktop Component 5: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/BRYCER~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/14/clip_image002.jpg
O24 - Desktop Component 6: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/BRYCER~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/18/clip_image002.jpg

--
End of file - 6379 bytes

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you still having issues with the infection? I don't see any entries in the hijackthis log to say otherwise. If you are still having issues, you will need to run a different program.

Fr3AkAzOiD

Malwarebytes' said it found 10 issues and tried to remmove them but was unable to remove all.

I havn't rebooted since then so I'm not sure if there is still some parts of the computer that are infected.

I just don't want some virus piggybacking it's way to one of my external hard drives and infecting all my family pictures and videos.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Reboot your system and rescan with malwarebytes. If it still doesn't remove items, I need to know what those entries are.

Fr3AkAzOiD

Rebooted, ran a full scan which found one item.
It removed it so I rebooted again and ran the full scan another time and it didn't find any infections.

EDIT: Just tried to go to Windows update and I just get an error message. Am able to get to the page just fine on my other computer.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What error did you get? Sometimes rebooting and access windows update will work to. Let me know what the error code was.

Fr3AkAzOiD

Had a death in the family and dealing with the computer virus was put on the back burner.

Still have the virus, unable to turn automatic updates on, Windows Update website errors out when trying to access, get redirected a lot when attempting to navigate the web and lost web service and needed to go into Internet Tools and reset everything to default to regain access.

THe Windows Update website error code...
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find Solutions

Windows Update Newsgroup
For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

Rebooted but didn't help.

Ran MWB and HiJack This again and here is what came back.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.1.1800
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 7417

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

8/9/2011 12:48:54 PM
mbam-log-2011-08-09 (12-48-54).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 231712
Time elapsed: 37 minute(s), 0 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 1:02:28 PM, on 8/9/2011
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpoevm08.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Flip Video\FlipShare\FlipShareService.exe
C:\Program Files\Flip Video\FlipShareServer\FlipShareServer.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpoSTS08.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:55030
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "E:\My Music\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 2000 Series.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hpoddt01.exe.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Add to Wish List - {76c5fb99-dd0a-4186-9e75-65d1bf3da283} - C:\Program Files\Amazon\Add to Wish List IE Extension\run.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/win...ls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1260227156765
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/mic...ls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1311730611796
O16 - DPF: {8100D56A-5661-482C-BEE8-AFECE305D968} (Facebook Photo Uploader 5 Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/2009.07.28_v5.5.8.1/FacebookPhotoUploader55.cab
O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\Documents and Settings\Bryce Riebel\Local Settings\Application Data\i607b.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: FlipShare Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Flip Video\FlipShare\FlipShareService.exe
O23 - Service: FlipShare Server (FlipShareServer) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Flip Video\FlipShareServer\FlipShareServer.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/BRYCER~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image002.jpg
O24 - Desktop Component 1: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/BRYCER~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/09/clip_image001.jpg
O24 - Desktop Component 2: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/BRYCER~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/10/clip_image002.jpg
O24 - Desktop Component 3: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/BRYCER~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/11/clip_image002.jpg
O24 - Desktop Component 4: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/BRYCER~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/13/clip_image001.jpg
O24 - Desktop Component 5: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/BRYCER~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/14/clip_image002.jpg
O24 - Desktop Component 6: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/BRYCER~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/18/clip_image002.jpg

--
End of file - 6683 bytes

Erm....help

Thanks

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I need you to run the following.

Please download and run TDSSkiller

When the program opens, click on the start scan button.

TDSSKiller will now scan your computer for the TDSS infection. When the scan has finished it will display a result screen stating whether or not the infection was found on your computer. If it was found it will display a screen similar to the one below.

infection-found.jpg

To remove the infection simply click on the Continue button and TDSSKiller will attempt to clean the infection.

When it has finished cleaning the infection you will see a report stating whether or not it was successful as shown below.

scan-completed.jpg

If the log says will be cured after reboot, please reboot the system by pressing the reboot now button.

After running there will be a log that will be located at the root of your c:\ drive labeled tdsskiller with a series of numbers after it. Please open the log and copy and paste it back here.

Download and Run ComboFix
If you already have Combofix, please delete this copy and download it again as it's being updated regularly.
  • Download this file here :

Combofix

• When the page loads click on the blue combofix download link next to the BleepingComputer Mirror.
  • Save the file to your windows desktop. The combofix icon will look like this when it has downloaded to your desktop.

cf-icon.jpg
  • We are almost ready to start ComboFix, but before we do so, we need to take some preventative measures so that there are no conflicts with other programs when running ComboFix. At this point you should do the following:

• Close all open Windows including this one.
  • Close or disable all running Antivirus, Antispyware, and Firewall programs as they may interfere with the proper running of ComboFix. Instructions on disabling these type of programs can be found here.
    Once these two steps have been completed, double-click on the ComboFix icon found on your desktop. Please note, that once you start ComboFix you should not click anywhere on the ComboFix window as it can cause the program to stall. In fact, when ComboFix is running, do not touch your computer at all. The scan could take a while, so please be patient.
  • Please click on I agree on the disclaimer window.
  • ComboFix will now install itself on to your computer. When it is done, a blue screen will appear as shown below.

cf-preparing.jpg

• ComboFix is now preparing to run. When it has finished ComboFix will automatically attempt to create a System Restore point so that if any problems occur while using the program you can restore back to your previous configuration. When ComboFix has finished creating the restore point, it will then backup your Windows Registry as shown in the image below.

erunt.jpg

• Once the Windows Registry has finished being backed up, ComboFix will attempt to detect if you have the Windows Recovery Console installed. If you already have it installed, you can skip to this section and continue reading. Otherwise you will see the following message as shown below:

recovery-console-prompt.jpg

• At the above message box, please click on the Yes button in order for ComboFix to continue. Please follow the steps and instructions given by ComboFix in order to finish the installation of the Recovery Console.
  • Please click on yes in the next window to continue scanning for malware.
  • ComboFix will now disconnect your computer from the Internet, so do not be surprised or concerned if you receive any warnings stating that you are no longer on the Internet. When ComboFix has finished it will automatically restore your Internet connection.
  • ComboFix will now start scanning your computer for known infections. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
  • While the program is scanning your computer, it will change your clock format, so do not be concerned when you see this happen. When ComboFix is finished it will restore your clock settings to their previous settings. You will also see the text in the ComboFix window being updated as it goes through the various stages of its scan. An example of this can be seen below.

still-scanning-clockchanges.jpg

• When ComboFix has finished running, you will see a screen stating that it is preparing the log report.
  • This can take a while, so please be patient. If you see your Windows desktop disappear, do not worry. This is normal and ComboFix will restore your desktop before it is finished. Eventually you will see a new screen that states the program is almost finished and telling you the programs log file, or report, will be located at C:\ComboFix.txt.
  • When ComboFix has finished, it will automatically close the program and change your clock back to its original format. It will then display the log file automatically for you.
  • Now you just click on the edit menu and click on select all, then click on the edit menu again and click on copy. Then come to the forum in your reply and right click on your mouse and click on paste.

In your next reply please post:
  • The ComboFix log
  • A fresh HiJackThis log
  • An update on how your computer is running

Fr3AkAzOiD

2011/08/10 09:43:39.0093 0260 TDSS rootkit removing tool 2.5.14.0 Aug 5 2011 16:09:29
2011/08/10 09:43:39.0484 0260 ================================================================================
2011/08/10 09:43:39.0484 0260 SystemInfo:
2011/08/10 09:43:39.0484 0260
2011/08/10 09:43:39.0484 0260 OS Version: 5.1.2600 ServicePack: 3.0
2011/08/10 09:43:39.0484 0260 Product type: Workstation
2011/08/10 09:43:39.0484 0260 ComputerName: BRYCE-BTQQZPZU3
2011/08/10 09:43:39.0484 0260 UserName: Bryce Riebel
2011/08/10 09:43:39.0484 0260 Windows directory: C:\WINDOWS
2011/08/10 09:43:39.0484 0260 System windows directory: C:\WINDOWS
2011/08/10 09:43:39.0484 0260 Processor architecture: Intel x86
2011/08/10 09:43:39.0484 0260 Number of processors: 1
2011/08/10 09:43:39.0484 0260 Page size: 0x1000
2011/08/10 09:43:39.0484 0260 Boot type: Normal boot
2011/08/10 09:43:39.0484 0260 ================================================================================
2011/08/10 09:43:40.0562 0260 Initialize success
2011/08/10 09:43:44.0390 0172 ================================================================================
2011/08/10 09:43:44.0390 0172 Scan started
2011/08/10 09:43:44.0390 0172 Mode: Manual;
2011/08/10 09:43:44.0390 0172 ================================================================================
2011/08/10 09:43:45.0796 0172 ACPI (8fd99680a539792a30e97944fdaecf17) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ACPI.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:45.0843 0172 ACPIEC (9859c0f6936e723e4892d7141b1327d5) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ACPIEC.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:45.0921 0172 aec (8bed39e3c35d6a489438b8141717a557) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\aec.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:45.0984 0172 AFD (7e775010ef291da96ad17ca4b17137d7) C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\afd.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:46.0093 0172 agp440 (08fd04aa961bdc77fb983f328334e3d7) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\agp440.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:46.0390 0172 AsyncMac (b153affac761e7f5fcfa822b9c4e97bc) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\asyncmac.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:46.0421 0172 atapi (9f3a2f5aa6875c72bf062c712cfa2674) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\atapi.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:46.0468 0172 Atmarpc (9916c1225104ba14794209cfa8012159) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\atmarpc.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:46.0531 0172 audstub (d9f724aa26c010a217c97606b160ed68) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\audstub.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:46.0593 0172 BANTExt (5d7be7b19e827125e016325334e58ff1) C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\BANTExt.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:46.0656 0172 Beep (da1f27d85e0d1525f6621372e7b685e9) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Beep.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:46.0718 0172 cbidf2k (90a673fc8e12a79afbed2576f6a7aaf9) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\cbidf2k.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:46.0781 0172 Cdaudio (c1b486a7658353d33a10cc15211a873b) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Cdaudio.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:46.0828 0172 Cdfs (c885b02847f5d2fd45a24e219ed93b32) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Cdfs.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:46.0859 0172 Cdrom (1f4260cc5b42272d71f79e570a27a4fe) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:47.0046 0172 ctsfm2k (8db84de3aab34a8b4c2f644eff41cd76) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ctsfm2k.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:47.0156 0172 Disk (044452051f3e02e7963599fc8f4f3e25) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\disk.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:47.0218 0172 dmboot (d992fe1274bde0f84ad826acae022a41) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dmboot.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:47.0359 0172 dmio (7c824cf7bbde77d95c08005717a95f6f) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dmio.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:47.0468 0172 dmload (e9317282a63ca4d188c0df5e09c6ac5f) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dmload.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:47.0531 0172 DMusic (8a208dfcf89792a484e76c40e5f50b45) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\DMusic.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:47.0625 0172 drmkaud (8f5fcff8e8848afac920905fbd9d33c8) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\drmkaud.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:47.0687 0172 E100B (d57a8fc800b501ac05b10d00f66d127a) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\e100b325.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:47.0812 0172 FA312 (aa855fb8a866281aacb393c1feab91ae) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\FA312nd5.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:47.0875 0172 Fastfat (38d332a6d56af32635675f132548343e) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Fastfat.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:48.0000 0172 Fdc (92cdd60b6730b9f50f6a1a0c1f8cdc81) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\fdc.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:48.0109 0172 Fips (d45926117eb9fa946a6af572fbe1caa3) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Fips.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:48.0218 0172 Flpydisk (9d27e7b80bfcdf1cdd9b555862d5e7f0) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Flpydisk.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:48.0328 0172 FltMgr (b2cf4b0786f8212cb92ed2b50c6db6b0) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:48.0437 0172 Fs_Rec (3e1e2bd4f39b0e2b7dc4f4d2bcc2779a) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Fs_Rec.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:48.0468 0172 Ftdisk (6ac26732762483366c3969c9e4d2259d) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ftdisk.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:48.0546 0172 GEARAspiWDM (8182ff89c65e4d38b2de4bb0fb18564e) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\GEARAspiWDM.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:48.0593 0172 Gpc (0a02c63c8b144bd8c86b103dee7c86a2) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\msgpc.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:48.0687 0172 HPZid412 (d03d10f7ded688fecf50f8fbf1ea9b8a) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\HPZid412.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:48.0734 0172 HPZipr12 (08cb72e95dd75b61f2966b311d0e4366) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\HPZipr12.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:48.0781 0172 HPZius12 (abcb05ccdbf03000354b9553820e39f8) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\HPZius12.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:48.0843 0172 HTTP (f80a415ef82cd06ffaf0d971528ead38) C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\HTTP.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:49.0000 0172 i8042prt (4a0b06aa8943c1e332520f7440c0aa30) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\i8042prt.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:49.0046 0172 Imapi (083a052659f5310dd8b6a6cb05edcf8e) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:49.0140 0172 intelppm (8c953733d8f36eb2133f5bb58808b66b) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\intelppm.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:49.0187 0172 ip6fw (3bb22519a194418d5fec05d800a19ad0) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ip6fw.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:49.0296 0172 IpFilterDriver (731f22ba402ee4b62748adaf6363c182) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ipfltdrv.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:49.0343 0172 IpInIp (b87ab476dcf76e72010632b5550955f5) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ipinip.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:49.0390 0172 IpNat (cc748ea12c6effde940ee98098bf96bb) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ipnat.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:49.0437 0172 IPSec (23c74d75e36e7158768dd63d92789a91) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ipsec.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:49.0484 0172 IRENUM (c93c9ff7b04d772627a3646d89f7bf89) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\irenum.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:49.0546 0172 isapnp (05a299ec56e52649b1cf2fc52d20f2d7) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\isapnp.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:49.0578 0172 Kbdclass (463c1ec80cd17420a542b7f36a36f128) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\kbdclass.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:49.0640 0172 kmixer (692bcf44383d056aed41b045a323d378) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\kmixer.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:49.0703 0172 KSecDD (b467646c54cc746128904e1654c750c1) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KSecDD.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:49.0843 0172 MBAMSwissArmy (b18225739ed9caa83ba2df966e9f43e8) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:49.0906 0172 mnmdd (4ae068242760a1fb6e1a44bf4e16afa6) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mnmdd.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:49.0953 0172 Modem (dfcbad3cec1c5f964962ae10e0bcc8e1) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Modem.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:49.0984 0172 Mouclass (35c9e97194c8cfb8430125f8dbc34d04) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\mouclass.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:50.0046 0172 MountMgr (a80b9a0bad1b73637dbcbba7df72d3fd) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MountMgr.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:50.0109 0172 MRxDAV (11d42bb6206f33fbb3ba0288d3ef81bd) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\mrxdav.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:50.0171 0172 MRxSmb (f3aefb11abc521122b67095044169e98) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\mrxsmb.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:50.0343 0172 Msfs (c941ea2454ba8350021d774daf0f1027) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Msfs.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:50.0406 0172 MSKSSRV (d1575e71568f4d9e14ca56b7b0453bf1) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MSKSSRV.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:50.0437 0172 MSPCLOCK (325bb26842fc7ccc1fcce2c457317f3e) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MSPCLOCK.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:50.0484 0172 MSPQM (bad59648ba099da4a17680b39730cb3d) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MSPQM.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:50.0531 0172 mssmbios (af5f4f3f14a8ea2c26de30f7a1e17136) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\mssmbios.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:50.0593 0172 Mup (2f625d11385b1a94360bfc70aaefdee1) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Mup.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:50.0718 0172 NDIS (1df7f42665c94b825322fae71721130d) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\NDIS.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:50.0828 0172 NdisTapi (1ab3d00c991ab086e69db84b6c0ed78f) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ndistapi.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:50.0859 0172 Ndisuio (f927a4434c5028758a842943ef1a3849) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ndisuio.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:50.0875 0172 NdisWan (edc1531a49c80614b2cfda43ca8659ab) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ndiswan.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:50.0937 0172 NDProxy (9282bd12dfb069d3889eb3fcc1000a9b) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\NDProxy.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:51.0000 0172 NetBIOS (5d81cf9a2f1a3a756b66cf684911cdf0) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\netbios.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:51.0046 0172 NetBT (74b2b2f5bea5e9a3dc021d685551bd3d) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\netbt.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:51.0109 0172 Npfs (3182d64ae053d6fb034f44b6def8034a) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Npfs.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:51.0156 0172 Ntfs (78a08dd6a8d65e697c18e1db01c5cdca) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Ntfs.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:51.0296 0172 Null (73c1e1f395918bc2c6dd67af7591a3ad) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Null.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:51.0531 0172 nv (9f4384aa43548ddd438f7b7825d11699) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nv4_mini.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:51.0703 0172 NwlnkFlt (b305f3fad35083837ef46a0bbce2fc57) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nwlnkflt.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:51.0750 0172 NwlnkFwd (c99b3415198d1aab7227f2c88fd664b9) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nwlnkfwd.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:51.0812 0172 ossrv (103a9b117a7d9903111955cdafe65ac6) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ctoss2k.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:51.0875 0172 P17 (df886ffed69aead0cf608b89b18c3f6f) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\P17.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:52.0015 0172 Parport (5575faf8f97ce5e713d108c2a58d7c7c) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\parport.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:52.0046 0172 PartMgr (beb3ba25197665d82ec7065b724171c6) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\PartMgr.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:52.0109 0172 ParVdm (70e98b3fd8e963a6a46a2e6247e0bea1) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ParVdm.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:52.0171 0172 PCI (a219903ccf74233761d92bef471a07b1) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:52.0234 0172 PCIIde (ccf5f451bb1a5a2a522a76e670000ff0) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pciide.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:52.0281 0172 Pcmcia (9e89ef60e9ee05e3f2eef2da7397f1c1) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Pcmcia.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:52.0515 0172 PptpMiniport (efeec01b1d3cf84f16ddd24d9d9d8f99) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\raspptp.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:52.0546 0172 Processor (a32bebaf723557681bfc6bd93e98bd26) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\processr.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:52.0578 0172 PSched (09298ec810b07e5d582cb3a3f9255424) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\psched.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:52.0625 0172 Ptilink (80d317bd1c3dbc5d4fe7b1678c60cadd) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ptilink.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:52.0781 0172 RasAcd (fe0d99d6f31e4fad8159f690d68ded9c) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rasacd.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:52.0843 0172 Rasl2tp (11b4a627bc9614b885c4969bfa5ff8a6) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rasl2tp.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:52.0890 0172 RasPppoe (5bc962f2654137c9909c3d4603587dee) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\raspppoe.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:52.0953 0172 Raspti (fdbb1d60066fcfbb7452fd8f9829b242) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\raspti.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:53.0000 0172 Rdbss (7ad224ad1a1437fe28d89cf22b17780a) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rdbss.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:53.0109 0172 RDPCDD (4912d5b403614ce99c28420f75353332) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\RDPCDD.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:53.0171 0172 rdpdr (15cabd0f7c00c47c70124907916af3f1) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rdpdr.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:53.0281 0172 RDPWD (6728e45b66f93c08f11de2e316fc70dd) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\RDPWD.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:53.0406 0172 redbook (f828dd7e1419b6653894a8f97a0094c5) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:53.0546 0172 Secdrv (90a3935d05b494a5a39d37e71f09a677) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\secdrv.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:53.0687 0172 serenum (0f29512ccd6bead730039fb4bd2c85ce) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\serenum.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:53.0781 0172 Serial (cca207a8896d4c6a0c9ce29a4ae411a7) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\serial.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:53.0937 0172 Sfloppy (8e6b8c671615d126fdc553d1e2de5562) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Sfloppy.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:54.0109 0172 splitter (ab8b92451ecb048a4d1de7c3ffcb4a9f) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\splitter.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:54.0218 0172 sr (76bb022c2fb6902fd5bdd4f78fc13a5d) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\sr.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:54.0343 0172 Srv (0f6aefad3641a657e18081f52d0c15af) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\srv.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:54.0468 0172 swenum (3941d127aef12e93addf6fe6ee027e0f) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\swenum.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:54.0546 0172 swmidi (8ce882bcc6cf8a62f2b2323d95cb3d01) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\swmidi.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:54.0750 0172 sysaudio (8b83f3ed0f1688b4958f77cd6d2bf290) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sysaudio.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:54.0875 0172 Tcpip (9aefa14bd6b182d61e3119fa5f436d3d) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\tcpip.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:54.0984 0172 TDPIPE (6471a66807f5e104e4885f5b67349397) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\TDPIPE.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:55.0078 0172 TDTCP (c56b6d0402371cf3700eb322ef3aaf61) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\TDTCP.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:55.0125 0172 TermDD (88155247177638048422893737429d9e) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\termdd.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:55.0203 0172 Udfs (5787b80c2e3c5e2f56c2a233d91fa2c9) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Udfs.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:55.0296 0172 Update (402ddc88356b1bac0ee3dd1580c76a31) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\update.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:55.0421 0172 USBAAPL (83cafcb53201bbac04d822f32438e244) C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\usbaapl.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:55.0515 0172 usbccgp (173f317ce0db8e21322e71b7e60a27e8) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbccgp.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:55.0625 0172 usbehci (65dcf09d0e37d4c6b11b5b0b76d470a7) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbehci.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:55.0718 0172 usbhub (1ab3cdde553b6e064d2e754efe20285c) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbhub.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:55.0781 0172 usbprint (a717c8721046828520c9edf31288fc00) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbprint.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:55.0875 0172 usbscan (a0b8cf9deb1184fbdd20784a58fa75d4) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbscan.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:55.0984 0172 USBSTOR (a32426d9b14a089eaa1d922e0c5801a9) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\USBSTOR.SYS
2011/08/10 09:43:56.0093 0172 usbuhci (26496f9dee2d787fc3e61ad54821ffe6) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbuhci.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:56.0203 0172 VgaSave (0d3a8fafceacd8b7625cd549757a7df1) C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\vga.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:56.0328 0172 VolSnap (4c8fcb5cc53aab716d810740fe59d025) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VolSnap.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:56.0453 0172 Wanarp (e20b95baedb550f32dd489265c1da1f6) C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\wanarp.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:56.0578 0172 wdmaud (6768acf64b18196494413695f0c3a00f) C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wdmaud.sys
2011/08/10 09:43:56.0718 0172 MBR (0x1B8) (8f558eb6672622401da993e1e865c861) \Device\Harddisk0\DR0
2011/08/10 09:43:56.0843 0172 Boot (0x1200) (8e11c99fd4651a375d7a1b531d777f23) \Device\Harddisk0\DR0\Partition0
2011/08/10 09:43:56.0859 0172 ================================================================================
2011/08/10 09:43:56.0859 0172 Scan finished
2011/08/10 09:43:56.0859 0172 ================================================================================
2011/08/10 09:43:56.0906 1240 Detected object count: 0
2011/08/10 09:43:56.0906 1240 Actual detected object count: 0

ComboFix 11-08-10.01 - Bryce Riebel 08/10/2011 9:52.1.1 - x86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.2047.1573 [GMT -4:00]
Running from: c:\documents and settings\Bryce Riebel\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
* Created a new restore point
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
c:\program files\messenger\msmsgsin.exe
((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2011-07-10 to 2011-08-10 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2011-08-10 13:41 . 2011-08-10 13:41 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\Java
2011-08-01 00:50 . 2011-08-01 00:50 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Bryce Riebel\Application Data\Razor
2011-07-30 19:27 . 2011-07-30 19:27 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Amazon
2011-07-26 00:54 . 2011-07-26 00:54 388096 ----a-r- c:\documents and settings\Bryce Riebel\Application Data\Microsoft\Installer\{45A66726-69BC-466B-A7A4-12FCBA4883D7}\HiJackThis.exe
2011-07-26 00:54 . 2011-07-26 00:54 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Trend Micro
2011-07-26 00:37 . 2011-07-26 00:37 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Bryce Riebel\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2011-07-26 00:37 . 2011-07-06 23:52 41272 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
2011-07-26 00:37 . 2011-07-26 00:37 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2011-07-26 00:37 . 2011-07-26 00:37 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2011-07-26 00:37 . 2011-07-06 23:52 22712 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2011-08-10 13:30 . 2011-06-13 01:11 404640 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"NvCplDaemon"="c:\windows\System32\NvCpl.dll" [2008-05-16 13529088]
"nwiz"="nwiz.exe" [2008-05-16 1630208]
"NvMediaCenter"="c:\windows\System32\NvMcTray.dll" [2008-05-16 86016]
"Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"="c:\program files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [2011-06-08 37296]
"Adobe ARM"="c:\program files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe" [2011-03-30 937920]
"QuickTime Task"="c:\program files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2010-11-29 421888]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="c:\program files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe" [2011-04-08 254696]
c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
hp psc 2000 Series.lnk - c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe [2003-4-9 323646]
hpoddt01.exe.lnk - c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe [2003-4-9 28672]
Microsoft Office.lnk - c:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE [2001-2-13 83360]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MSIServer]
@="Service"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\services]
"Bonjour Service"=2 (0x2)
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center]
"AntiVirusOverride"=dword:00000001
[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile]
"EnableFirewall"= 0 (0x0)
"DisableNotifications"= 1 (0x1)
[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\EA GAMES\\Ultima Online Gold\\client.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Bonjour\\mDNSResponder.exe"=
[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\GloballyOpenPorts\List]
"24726:TCP"= 24726:TCP:FlipShareServer
"24727:TCP"= 24727:TCP:FlipShareServer
R2 FlipShareServer;FlipShare Server;c:\program files\Flip Video\FlipShareServer\FlipShareServer.exe [12/15/2010 2:22 PM 1085440]
R4 MBAMSwissArmy;MBAMSwissArmy;c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys [7/25/2011 8:37 PM 41272]
S2 clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32;Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X86;c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscorsvw.exe [3/18/2010 1:16 PM 130384]
S3 WPFFontCache_v0400;Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 4.0.0.0;c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\WPF\WPFFontCache_v0400.exe [3/18/2010 1:16 PM 753504]
--- Other Services/Drivers In Memory ---
*NewlyCreated* - 08317434
*NewlyCreated* - JAVAQUICKSTARTERSERVICE
*NewlyCreated* - MBAMSWISSARMY
*Deregistered* - 08317434
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
2011-06-29 c:\windows\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job
- c:\program files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe [2009-10-22 21:57]
2010-04-18 c:\windows\Tasks\FRU Task 2003-04-10 00:56ewlett-Packard2003-04-10 00:56p psc 2100 series272A572217594EBCF1CEE215E352B92AD073FDE4267577247.job
- c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpqfrucl.exe [2003-04-09 22:56]
------- Supplementary Scan -------
uStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com/
uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
uInternet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:55030
TCP: DhcpNameServer = 209.18.47.61 209.18.47.62
- - - - ORPHANS REMOVED - - - -
Toolbar-Locked - (no file)
HKLM-Run-iTunesHelper - e:\my music\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
MSConfigStartUp-PhotoJoy - c:\program files\PhotoJoy\bin\PhotoJoy.exe
catchme 0.3.1398 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2011-08-10 09:56
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 NTFS
scanning hidden processes ...
scanning hidden autostart entries ...
scanning hidden files ...
scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0
Completion time: 2011-08-10 09:58:21
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2011-08-10 13:58
Pre-Run: 80,902,459,392 bytes free
Post-Run: 80,956,973,056 bytes free
WindowsXP-KB310994-SP2-Pro-BootDisk-ENU.exe
[boot loader]
timeout=2
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
c:\cmdcons\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons
UnsupportedDebug="do not select this" /debug
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
- - End Of File - - 377B87DA3424795C7012EA74B4911B77

On a hunch I downloaded and tried to install the current version of Windows Update Agent. Ended up having to force install it but now have Windows Update working again.

Not sure if these steps removed the virus or not.