XP SP3 updates

wolfeking

banned
In XP SP3 is there a way to manually restart after updates download. To avoid that pesky "your computer will restart in 15 minutes" box.??

wolfeking

banned
i just dont like to restart it at all. The Ibm aint that reliable, and its a PITA to get going from the off position. I think its the keybord (power button is on the keyboard). I need it for school now so it just stays in standby till i need it.
HP is leaving for repair tomorrow, so it shouldnt be that long till i have a reliable computer again!!:):):)

wolfeking

banned
how do i do that?? And the equipment is fine, most of it is fairly new. Just the keyboard and power button just dont work correctly that often. Ill eventually get a new one, but im waiting till i get my HP back (7-10 days) to work on the ibm.

paulcheung

how do i do that?? And the equipment is fine, most of it is fairly new. Just the keyboard and power button just dont work correctly that often. Ill eventually get a new one, but im waiting till i get my HP back (7-10 days) to work on the ibm.

goto control panel then to security center to turn off automatic update.
other thought you don't need to turn off or on the power button if you just restart the computer, do you?

wolfeking

banned
when you choose Restart, i dont. However, when the update ""restartes"" it shuts down, and it has to be powered up via the power button.
BTW, i got another keyboard coming FedEX 2 day, and it should be better after that.