Xp to Leopard?

klinkacheck

I was wondering if I could change my OS from XP to Leopard on my laptop? And also if it was possible how would I go about doing it

BluePlum

banned
Maby it was a mac and he changed it to xp and he wants to change it back? And i cant believe thats a law. So if i put windows xp on a mac ill go to jail?

brian

VIP Member
no, well if it is vista; basic or premium on a mac i think that is aganced the eula ut...

here
apples eula section 2 part a said:
2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.
A. Mac OS X Server Software. This License allows you to install and use one copy of the Mac OS X Server software (the “Mac OS X Server Software”) on a
single Apple-labeled computer. You may also install and use other copies of Mac OS X Server Software on the same Apple-labeled computer, provided that
you acquire an individual and valid license from Apple for each of these other copies of Mac OS X Server Software. You agree not to install, use or run the
Apple Software on any non-Apple-labeled computer, or to enable others to do so.
This License does not allow the Mac OS X Server Software to exist on more
than one computer at a time, and you may not make the Apple Software available over a network where it could be used by multiple computers at the same
time. Please note that the Apple Software is supported only on Apple-labeled systems that meet the specified system requirements as indicated on the
outside of the Mac OS X Server packaging. If you transfer software from one Apple-labeled computer to another Apple-labeled computer, please remember
that continued use of the original copy of the software may be prohibited once a copy has been transferred to another computer, unless you alread

Last edited:

brian

VIP Member
applys to everyone. it is not the LAW but it is the licends aggrement. if you dont follow it they could sue you

well i just read the vista eula, you can install it on a computer you cant however install it on a VM

Last edited:

BluePlum

banned
ooooo so its not against the law. And like macs gonna raid your house and find the computer turn it on to find it has a differnt OS? That happends all the time...

OvenMaster

VIP Member
ooooo so its not against the law. And like macs gonna raid your house and find the computer turn it on to find it has a differnt OS? That happends all the time...
Actually, it just might be against the law.

Contract law.

It is against the EULA, the legal contract that would be voided by that very act of installing the OS on a non-Apple computer. That means they sue you for breach of contract and take you to court. You'd be slapped with a hefty fine. If you can't pay, you go to jail.

Bottom line: give it up. It isn't worth it.

Tom

Last edited:

brian

VIP Member
yeah, i'm just suppried that windows does not have that in there eula!

of cource like apple it would go down a notch in everyones mind